non-lightning f150 wheels on gen1??

Stroked94L

I've read the info about gen2 wheels on gen1...can I drill a non-lightning f150 wheel that is 17x7.5 5x135mm to fit my gen1???

There was a guy with a metallic green lightning clone that had expedition wheels on his truck, didnt look as good as the stockers but still looked good IMO. im sure a search would turn up something

I currently have self racing 3 piece rims ...drag radisls on back with skinnies up front..I don't have stock wheels to put on...I found a set of wheels that actually look nice...I've never seen them before but I'm told they are from 00-04 f150...and they are cheap..truck is lowered etc and I'm looking for street wheels and tires to give me less of the pro street look I have now...that I'd why I wanna change wheels...

- - - Updated - - -

Weld racing..not self

93 freshly powdercoated Original lightning rims in perfect condition .. less rubber w/ matching caps (painted to match) 800.00 because I want the 99-2000 rims

Can someone give me an answer to my initial question...can I drill 5x135 to fit?..I'm a little confused about even drilling gen2 wheels...bolt pattern is measure from center of lug to lug...drilling holes bigger doesn't change that...do the studs fit the holes just not evenly in the hole?

You drill them out to a certain drill bit size and the stud hits the very inside of the hole. It should still center on the hub as well. And you use a flat washer to hold them in place. I have not done this personally.

Any pics of the truck with the current wheels?

To answer your question the centerline of the bolt pattern does not matter for the 5x135mm stock ford wheels because they are hub centric. They use the hub of the spindle and axle to center center the wheel and all the studs do is hold the wheel on. You drill the holes bigger just so that it the holes will fit over our stud pattern. Then you use the flat style lug nuts with washers and not the acorn style. The acorn style are used only when the wheel is lug centric.

So to sum up. The technique used to put Gen 2 wheels on Gen 1 trucks should work for any wheel that has the same pilot diameter as ours.

I have done this myself on gen 2 wheels and can say that it works.

Pretty much what I said^^^

Truck looks badass with those wheels. Your not getting rid of them are you? I see it has a carb on the motor. What's the combo and what's it run?

Back