No start issue.

slow94

Came out to crank truck earlier and getting a no start. Coil near plug conversion from stinger that has been working fine. Truck started and idled great a few days ago. Put inline spark tester on and I'm getting nothing when cranking. All other parts of the ECU seem to be working just fine. Anyone got any other ideas what could cause a no spark issue? Weird that was working great other day and now nothing.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Is it showing synced? Have you looked at a cranking ignition log?

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

Is it showing synced? Have you looked at a cranking ignition log?

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk
Yeah I posted a cranking log on stinger forum and they said it looked good as far as the CAS is concerned because it is reading rpm.

And yes I just tried again and it says rpm synced... Interesting

I am going to ASSume you did not make ANY changes to the tune? Can you post the composite log here?

here is the tune and no crank log I took.

Attachments

• current tune 6-3-23 no start.msq
    277.1 KB · Views: 3
  • No Start log 6-30-23.zip
    15.7 KB · Views: 1
Your battery voltage is really, really low and subsequently your cranking RPM is low. Get that battery charged up so it'll spin faster.

Your battery voltage is really, really low and subsequently your cranking RPM is low. Get that battery charged up so it'll spin faster.
It's only low on that log from cranking so much. I pulled up another truck and put jumper cables on the truck with same results.

Just did a test mode and didn't get my spark tester to light up at all. It's like something is telling it not to fire the coils.

Just did a test mode and didn't get my spark tester to light up at all. It's like something is telling it not to fire the coils.

And you checked the coil supply voltage?

Gotcha, and you checked that fuse that Brett mentioned? If that's good then it must be in the supply voltage wire(s) I would think.

Gotcha, and you checked that fuse that Brett mentioned? If that's good then it must be in the supply voltage wire(s) I would think.
Well I have yet to find it. But I will check again.

So I don't have an "inline" fuse. My main power supply for the coils goes to a power distribution box where I have it on a 30 amp fuse which is good.

Got it figured out guys. The relay for the coil harness went bad. Grabbed one out my gen 2 truck and it cranked right up

Back