Next lightning

I would think if GM could build a system to hold the ZR1's power that ford wouldn't have that hard of a time doing the same thing, but then again maybe the motor that ford was testing had an insane amount of torque.

GM didn't have to figure out how to get the drivetrain to handle the power AND tow a lot of weight. Remember, the RC SRT10 Ram couldn't tow.

moms arent the only ones who drive vans. im in the process of building this one right now. http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/almost-anything-goes/192112-van-project-56k-beware.html

and yes i know total redneck, but the L wont drive very well on the dunes and mud. lol

Your van is pretty cool concept (for a chevy) but there's a difference between a backyard build -up and a multi million dollar factory performace group. Don't get me wrong i've built & pieced more trucks together than most,I have no problem with that. I guess an hopped up explorer not so bad if you could get it w/o the crappie AWD. Ijust can't get pass the souped-up soccermom mobile. :no::scared1::screwy:

Your van is pretty cool concept (for a chevy) but there's a difference between a backyard build -up and a multi million dollar factory performace group. Don't get me wrong i've built & pieced more trucks together than most,I have no problem with that. I guess an hopped up explorer not so bad if you could get it w/o the crappie AWD. Ijust can't get pass the souped-up soccermom mobile. :no::scared1::screwy:

Why is it a soccer mom vehicle? The SRT8 Jeep surely isn't, though in my area, a lot of moms drive Trailblazer SSes. I have no idea why.

Future Bolt (F100 L3)

It is a power to weight to Aero thing.

I say build a truck about the size of a 56 ford pickup. Seats 3 across like the Gen 2, and the cab is comfortable for a 6’5” guy. Use Aluminum and Carbon fiber to keep the strength up and weight down. 1000 pound carry capacity and able to tow a 16 foot outboard boat.

Engine could be a turbo diesel or small aluminum block v8 supercharged or turbo charged. My preference is supercharged.

Work over the aero package when you design the truck so it is not such a brick, but not a Ranchero. Freeway gas mileage around 25 mpg. Maybe a button for sport, towing, or cruise like some high end cars have. Floppy paddle shifting manual automatic!

Air bag independent rear end = good ride un loaded with carry capacity some thing like the Navi air bag rear end. Of course 1G skid pad numbers!!

Offer a hard, locking, electrically actuated tonneau and tail gate.

You want an off road vehicle get a Raptor. You want to tow the retirement trailer buy a F250 or F350.

I want a sports car with a big trunk.

Back