News Flash...the LF 2005 date and location has been selected!

Venomous Mofo said:
Not to sound stupid but this is Kansas City KS right, not mo?

It is KCMO but the town is built on the state lines...So you say one or the other your pretty much correct..

But Vern is RIght its in KCMO!!

SEE VERN I CAN ADMIT YOUR RIGHT!! My Therapy is coming along nicely!!:dp: :dp: :dp: :dp: :dp: :dp: :dp:

93REDBOLT said:
Isn't that Noland RD. suppose to be the cruise strip in KC ???

Yes, I believe that is correct! Well, sort of - most of Noland Rd is actually in Independence.

Last edited:
Vern said:
Yes, I believe that is correct! Well, sort of - most of Noland Rd is actually in Independence.

...and they've been cracking down hard on cruising on noland. so, no tickets guys-save your bux for the strippers.

Well my combo should be ready early next year, so I should be able to make the long drive from CT. I will be sporting a 438 ci Dart stroker with Fox Lake stage 2 TFS raised port heads, all the good internals, a BDS 871 Stage 2 Blower, and a couple Big carbs through the hood. The power going through a Dynamic C-6 Tranny with a manual reverse valve body and a 4500 stall TCT convertor. Hopefully I can test it out before then. See Ya there!
Jody
383svt(or is that 438?)

Yee Ha! Yes I will definitely be there again! Looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting new folks. This time I will have a healthy L with me.:D

:dp: :B2: :dp: :B2:

Hey

I will be there for sure. And I am sure ARLOC will have a big showing.... Thanks alot.....C U there. COOLER

Well, that's a little better I suppose, only 500 miles more than Bowling Green;m I hope it all works out and the numbers increase. In defense of Bowling Green, there's a reason they can get those numbers. It's a popular centrally located place. Perhaps if we do well enough we'll eventually be in a position to go somewhere like that.

Chris

Chris Wilson said:
Well, that's a little better I suppose, only 500 miles more than Bowling Green;m I hope it all works out and the numbers increase. In defense of Bowling Green, there's a reason they can get those numbers. It's a popular centrally located place. Perhaps if we do well enough we'll eventually be in a position to go somewhere like that.

Chris

In defense of those on the west coast, Bowling Green is not centralized for them...please keep that in mind when you talk about central locations. We've beat the crap out if this dead horse all ready.

Tom

Tom, Nothing is or ever will be centralized to either of the coasts. You can talk about centrally located geographically or to the masses. The midwest isn't as populated as the the area East of the Miss. River and Calif. doesn't make up for that IMO.

7k a day to race, That's alot. I know we can't afford that, but there's a reason it's that much to race there. It's obviously a facility / location that commands it. Corral Day and NMRA both hold their events there as do many others. Hopefully we'll get to the point where we can do the same. We just aren't there yet and with the shelving of the Gen 3 I don't know that we ever will.

My point of view, that's all. I've got a Lightning, Mustang, and an HD truck. I'll most likely have a Cobra by the time the event rolls around too so perhaps I'll do NMRA or Corral Day this year. They are closer. Choices, we all have to make them and there are a multitude of venues competing for our time and money.

Chris

Can't believe 05 will be at KCIR! Been going there for 20 years or better being from KC. They held IHRA events there until oh 12 yrs. ago or there abouts. When Heartland Park opened thats where the big guns went. Don't expect HP by any means, this is a very local track if you know what I mean. Might have had some re-surfacing fairly recently. I don't know why it shouldn't suffice. Hotels due North at 40hwy. and I-70 then East and West short distances, or spend the night at Legs 3 min. South. No reason for me not to be there. Cheers!

Blue Oval Forever said:

only 14 hours and 900 miles till i get there
Bobby

Also on the Hotel thing i noticed the the Hampton Inn is a sponsors of KCIR they might give us a good rate

And you're worried about the hotel rate?? lol

Actually the hotel will be $75/night for double and it is a Hilton Garden Inn across from Hooters. We will have the group discount code up soon.;g ;g ;g

Todd TCE said:
And you're worried about the hotel rate?? lol

No i just want to make sure they dont give my *** Room away this time if i get there a bit late

Boy was i P***** off about this

Bobby

You prepaid it/secured it with a CC and they gave it away anyhow? What kinda deal is that? What'd they do for you?

Back