News Flash...the LF 2005 date and location has been selected!

NLOC

BBM
I Support the NLOC
Hello to all,

After spending a lot of time on the phone, email and general discussions, the time and place for LightningFest 2005 has been selected!:tu:
  • Location - KC International Raceway (KCIR)
  • Date - 23-25 September 2005
  • Events - 3 DAYS of drag racing
  • Events - Truck show on Sunday 25th
  • Friday night BBQ
  • Evenings free for H00TERS visits!
  • World's fastest golf cart races!
  • World's fastest motorized scooter races
  • This year there will be NO Open Track or Autocross
  • Plan your vacation time NOW

See you in KC!:tu:

...Dwight and the hard working Nan...

Hey
Have you received any info on Hotels yet? Know of any in the main area? It seems like you said you visited the track before...you must have stayed at a local hotel. Was it good?

We will have hotel and other information forthcoming in the next few weeks.

Give us a break folks, we are still closing out LF 2004 and are just finalizing the track rental for 2005 this week!

02 RED BOLT,

I visited Tulsa track, but we have not completed the setup for KCIR!

i thought you guys were leaning towards bowling green, what happend there. i could only immagine that it was ridiculusly expensive. oh well it looks like a good place judging from stuff of their website.

Thanks Dwight and Nan, thats exceptional that you are in for round three.:tu: to you two, you're the best and we appreciate all the hard work, see you there.
Steve and Mike

BG was over $7k/day and no openings until later in October...many others looked at and priced...KCIR is the only SANE choice!

Dwight,
KCIR is only 1911 miles from home. Maybe you'll need more than one long distance trophy for us NW guys
:D :D ;w :D :D .........................JR:bout:

24409-17-11351.jpg

Last edited:
WooooooooooHoooooooooooo I am putting in for vacation tomorrow first buck in the jar to pay for gas to get there and gonna start making all travel plans to be there

only 14 hours and 900 miles till i get there
Bobby

Also on the Hotel thing i noticed the the Hampton Inn is a sponsors of KCIR they might give us a good rate

Last edited:
Thanks for another chance

Thanks for another chance to make L fest. It would take the most unforeseeable adventure to keep me away. on the good new for the few that might remember me and my accident of '99 I recently got all the metal (Illizarov) taken off my right leg after 5 years and am into a cast that I am not supposed to be walking on (yea right after 5 years of not walking) So now they tell me a year or so of rehab to build up muscle ( I am just worried about my right leg/foot for the gas peddle) Hahahahaha

:sfca:

Thanx...

DigD and Nan. See you there, just need hotel info now. Looking forward to the drive, maybe I'll crack 2000 miles since its just a little further east from the Northwest than Topeka! YEAH man, September 05 for L'Fest #3 !

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Nan, you rock!! And I'm sure BigD helped a little.

Lfest 05 here we come!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Vern

Back