Need Help with Fan Controller

I follwed your directions and got codes 15, 67, 81, 82, and 84. The computer is a 91 Mustang GT A9M. The only code that isn't expected is 15, ECU ROM failure. So the computer is just toasted?

Does the truck have a chip?

That's a relief. So either it's the TFI, or the Crane. I may pick up a TFI in the morning to try, worst case I'll return it. I still don't know how to properly remove the Crane.

The computer is a 91 Mustang GT A9M.
IDK about Mustangs for sure, but trucks were using 3-digit codes by then. So I suspect you read the codes wrong. But if you read them right, you're still not giving us enough detail. When you got each code can change the code's meaning, and "ECU" is not in any of the definitions on that page.

And if you follow those instructions, the only codes that would be expected are actual problems or pass (11/111). Fix each problem until you only get pass codes.

IDK about Mustangs for sure, but trucks were using 3-digit codes by then. So I suspect you read the codes wrong. But if you read them right, you're still not giving us enough detail. When you got each code can change the code's meaning, and "ECU" is not in any of the definitions on that page.

And if you follow those instructions, the only codes that would be expected are actual problems or pass (11/111). Fix each problem until you only get pass codes.
He's running an older Fox body Mustang computer. 89-93 era.

While I admit to not being the most knowledgeable guy on this forum, I know the theory but so much the practice, I'm pretty sure I can count blinking lights. The computer is a 1991 Mustang 5.0 computer, not a Lightning computer. From what I found Google searching the Mustangs used 2-digit codes into 91 at some point. I read that 87-91 used 2-digit with the exception of some late 91's that were changed and used 3-digit codes.

As I said in my other post, all of the codes were EGR / emissions-related faults. Yes, they are legit because I have removed all of the emissions systems back in the 90's. And no, I won't fix them or add the emissions components so let's disregard those. There was also a code 15 "ROM Test Failure" which was posted that this is expected when there is a chip installed. So yes, the KOEO test did show actual faults, but the memory codes just had code 11, so no stored codes. Obviously, I couldn't get KOER codes since the truck doesn't start.

Back