Need 3.0L Escape Help - P0320 Code

I am going to be mighty p!$$ed if a 7 dollar fuel filter from NAPA solves all of this!!!!

But then, I will be mighty happy!!!!

svtpickemup said:
Thanks for all your help on this, so far!!

Any time bro!!!! just ask nicely ;)

lemme know how the fuel filter goes......112K......got your moneys worth out of the factory one eh?!?! :D

The fuel filters are easy on Escapes (even easier if youve battled through the ones on our trucks.........im sure you have........ :D)

Keep me informed!!!!!

Flyin Hawaiian
Matt

as what, our trucks?? it should, but i believe the size may be different...........its been a while since ive wrenched on an Escape..........no schrader valve???
here, ill look up the FP specs for ya if you like.....

Matt

OK. Changed the fuel filter. VEry easy and I could probably do it in 5 minutes now. Screw those copulers we have on Gen 1s!

Anyhow, I took it for a 10 mile drive and all seems fine....but I will drive it to work tomorrow and hope to finish the drive cycle on the way home.

Cross your fingers!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, all is good on the way to work today.

Scanned it when I got to work and no pending codes and only one test parameter not ready for testing.

So, P0320, random misfire, can be caused by a lack of fuel. Makes sense now.

Nope. Just went out to lunch and everything was acting crazy again. P0320 showing again.

Even when crusing below 2000, it wants to die sometimes.... Tach drops all the way down to zero, I mash the gas in and out, and then it jumps up to 3000, and all over the place in between beforee eventually settling down.

well, i think its time to do some pinpoint tests........basically what seems to be happening is that the PCM is losing its PIP signal.......

well, heres what we can do.....i can help you go through the pinpoint tests step by step (to an extent), or, i can email you the pinpoint tests, and various information as far as electrical diagrams and such like that.

I know there was some recall about a PCM re-flash....would that have something to do with this?

I got your PM, I'll be in touch. And thanks!!!!!!!!!

you know, im gonna have to look it up........
I remember seeing something along those lines, lemme look it up again......

and anytime bro!!

Matt

That reprogram applies to a one time only deal that occurs during closed loop, on closed throttle deceleration, and leaves no DTCs............it basically just kills itself, and fires right back up and runs normally.......doesnt sound like your problem......

Matt

gimme your email, and i can send you the pinpoint tests, as well as some wiring diagrams you need to do the tests.........

Matt

i hope you have a DVOM..........every step in the pinpoint test (except 1 i believe) uses a DVOM to measure voltage, continuity, and resistance........

Matt

Just sent ya!!!!! check it and tell me what you think..........that should get you started on testing.........Lemme know if theres anymore info i can get for you!!!!!!
Im with you every step of the way :D:D:D

Matt

Have you heard of this?

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica] I had a similar problem ow speed dieing and cutting in and out at higher speeds it turned out to be TSB for the igition wire harness grounding out on the evap canister for the AC. Its right on top and easy to see if you know what you are looking for![/FONT]

Back