My new truck

Like so?

100_3691.jpg

I also remember late 70's/early 80's Broncos/F150s running around with an aluminum wheel and black center cap.

3026RBLACKFCCMWC.jpg

-561292610692551390.jpg

Last edited:
Like so?

100_3691.jpg

I also remember late 70's/early 80's Broncos/F150s running around with an aluminum wheel and black center cap.

3026RBLACKFCCMWC.jpg

-561292610692551390.jpg

E-zactly! The black ones came stock on those trucks/broncos with aluminum wheels

Hey, that's that much less wheel I have to polish!

Josh! Dayum! I LOVE those slots! I got a set of 15x8's +10's sitting on my shelf from days long forgotten. No, they don't fit, 4-1/2 BC. :embar:
I wish Cragar would make S/S's in 5.5. They would be the chit
on your ride! :)

Turns out they DO make Cragars in 5x5.5
Wadda ya think? I think this truck needs lowered, but the look is timeless!

Last edited:
If your going that low you may need to lose those huge mirrors for the small chrome ones. My truck has dropped beams plus 2 coils off the front. The rear is flipped with a c-notch.

Thats a sweet classic. I'm glad that your keeping it old school. I love the idea of 5 slots on it. My friend has a silver 79 with those wheels. The factory 80s-90s style caps will probably look fine, but I think I'd rather have the American Racing caps with the Ford oval logo on them. If you lower it, I'd only drop it a couple inches and thats it.

If your going that low you may need to lose those huge mirrors for the small chrome ones. My truck has dropped beams plus 2 coils off the front. The rear is flipped with a c-notch.

It won't really be that low, doing AIM beams and hangers and shackles.

Jim yes, they do make Cragers still, I thought about it, but these are my favorite.

95XLT - what caps are you talking about? Do you have a link?

Those are the push-throughs I was talking about earlier Josh.

You'd have to get the bores on the rears enlarged to use those.

Scored a set of the chrome Ford caps for free with yellowed black centers and ordered a set of new black/red center emblems off Ebay for $24 bucks.

Still need to get to sanding and polishing, lol.

I test fit wheels and tires and decided to go with the deep offset rears. Will post pics shortly.

Josh I may be following suit. Well, Im NOT going to be a hooker and sell my L but I think I may have scored a 79 F150 SWB with a 400 4x4. Needs paint pretty bad. This truck has been in my wifes family since new. Needs some TLC as it hasnt been driven in about 2 years. and Its ALL STOCK!

This truck belonged to my wifes uncle who passed away. He was going to save it for his boy, but his wife got remarried and doesnt want the son to have it. So my wifes cousin said she would sell it to me to keep it in the family. Plus she has seen the amount of work Ive done on the L and she knows it would be in good hands. Get this, selling it to me for 800 bones. :cool:

It might be a month or so before I get it, and I'll prolly store it until Im done restoring my L. But it's super cool.

yours will be looking sharp in no time buddy!

Last edited:
Sweet, they are great trucks, and a tie for my favorite body style between these and the '92-'96.

Haven't started refinishing the wheels yet, but I'm going to do that and lower the rear end two inches, don't know if it'll happen before winter hits though.

I'll try to remember to post those pics tonight.

Bump didnt you have one have one of these trucks? Seems i remember you posting pics of one a couple years ago.

^^^^ LOL

Josh, I may be calling on you for tips during this restoration. I see it taking longer than the L b/c I plan on trying my hand and paint and body work since the truck seems to have minimal body work needed. I've been thinking of the Dupli-Color "Paint Shop" stuff. I think thats what its called. I'll be sure to post up my progress in this forum. It will be awhile b/c I still have to tear down the back end of the L this winter.

^^^^ LOL

Josh, I may be calling on you for tips during this restoration. I see it taking longer than the L b/c I plan on trying my hand and paint and body work since the truck seems to have minimal body work needed. I've been thinking of the Dupli-Color "Paint Shop" stuff. I think thats what its called. I'll be sure to post up my progress in this forum. It will be awhile b/c I still have to tear down the back end of the L this winter.

I'm embarking on an underhood resto this winter, as well as a few small projects, so you call me and I'll call Ron, LOL.

^^^^ LOL

For what it is worth, spend the little extra and get a urethane paint from a body shop supply.

OK, finally found it :

Driver's side has one 15x7 (3-3/4 backspacing) and one 15x8.5" (with 3" backspacing)

n1p4x1.jpg

2lm8iec.jpg

15ojpk3.jpg

dcexy1.jpg

Passenger side has two 15x7s

n3q9n6.jpg

15xjqc4.jpg

mab9yg.jpg

Definitely going with the 8.5s on the rear. I won't be able to lower it as much as I had hoped or the fender is gonna eat the tire on bumps. I'll start with 2" in the rear and go from there.

Back