My 88 mm build thread

banks

matt
i've been waiting for a week and a half to start this thread. got everything today from casey and the excitement really set in. thanks a lot casey for the great packaging and quick shipping for me. for those that don't know casey, he is a real standup guy and great to do business with. he has always been there to answer my dumb questions and give me advice along the way. if you don't know about the kit it was originally built by psi motorsports in texas for a 78 mm turbo. is has since gone through a couple of hands till casey got it and modified it slightly for his 88mm precision setup that went 6.18 in the 1.8th on 93 octance. he is going twins and i was lucky enough to get his setup that is going on my dd.

got everything in today and decided to get working on it to see how far i could get. i have a summer midterm tommorrow so i really shouldn't have been doing this at all since i haven't began to study and it's at 8 tomorrow morning.

anyway got everything installed up to the turbo. just set the turbo on the crossover for some pics and idea of where everything will be. the kit will be setup similar to ss this's to blow through the stock intercooler. it was really nice to finally get everything and see how it would look rather than just having to imagin things in my head since i hadn't seen anything.

anyway sorry for the babbling and on to the pics. if you guys have any questions just ask. constructive criticism is good too cause i'm still trying to learn as much as i can.

turbo kit, pars from summit and race part solutions. yeah all these boxes got me real excited
2010-06-02135302.jpg

2010-06-02140243.jpg

2010-06-02154853.jpg

2010-06-02155331.jpg

2010-06-02155829.jpg

2010-06-02160427.jpg

driver's side header was a little difficult but nothing too bad. had the move the abs module because the header wouldn't clear. going to have to fab up a small bracket to secure it in a place where it won't be too close to the header
2010-06-02173057.jpg

passenger side header.. unfortunately i stripped out the last two holes on the top side. didn't even realize i had done it till i went back to check them all. going to leave it on till saturday when i modify the downpipe then pull it back off to put a helicoil in each hole.

2010-06-02175628.jpg

da74db6d.jpg

threw the turbo up there just to see the orientation of everything.
405d2dc3.jpg

9e90ef10.jpg

418b2316.jpg

hope to have some more pics once i modify the down pipe this weekend.

I would love a DD turbo set up.
I'm thinking about going a turbo set up with my next project. 85 Monte Carlo SS with a 350 crate motor.

Good luck with things.

Roach

Keep us posted boss. Youve made a lot of progress today. Step away from the Lightning and get your school stuff lined up and play tommorrow.

Last edited:
Very nice! Good luck on ur build, I installed a kit o my v6 f150 and took almost a year and a half to finish lol hope ur install goes very smooth

Banks, are you going to school down here in FL? I'm at UCF and I see a few L's around and was wondering if one of em was yours.

Keep us posted boss. Youve made a lot of progress today. Step away from the Lightning and get your school stuff lined up and play tommorrow.

i did eventally. just get too excited and i new that this showing up the day before the test was gonna get my side tracked. i just finished the test though and feel pretty good about it.

Banks, are you going to school down here in FL? I'm at UCF and I see a few L's around and was wondering if one of em was yours.

yeah but i'm down in fort myers and go to FGCU.

looks good Matt! Gonna be a blast to drive. :eek:ldtu:

i sure hope so.. i'm really excited

lookin good man :thumbup: cant wait to see some videos and hear some numbers when shes done...keep up the good work!!!

stewie

Well I tried to fit the psi downpipe yesterday and realized it wont work with the larger Turbo without some extensive modification . So I gotta build a new one and I'm gonna go ahead and do it in 4" like it should be anyway.

made it up to the fab guy today to drop something off and he was further on the hat than i expected. should be done first of next week..

6552438c.jpg

20101-06-101542.jpg

small update: my buddy and i got the fans in today. got it all wired up for the most part, just need to run the wire to a switch in the cab. ordered some bends for the downpipe as well. I'm pretty sure the intake hat will be done monday so i'll pick it up and get the elbow from the turbo to the throttle body made. so look for a pic of that monday night.

here's the fans
41c8d743.jpg

Back