Longest owner and longest in nloc

Man I was scouring all my old hard drive backups, looks like I had archived off a good chunk of the old EEC-Tuner mailing list, but I did not save anything from the Lightning mailing list :( I did however find all my old Performance Specialties customer tune files. Man it reads like a who's who of the NLOC LOL!

Good to see many of older members are still around. I owned my 1993 since new and still drive it. I was a member of the original LCA, Til that guy went away for mail fraud. I knew Sal well, nice guy. He drove my truck a few times in both Mass and Long Island helping me tune it. I have been a member on this board since the start of NLOC.

If they still go by NLOC # I am number 52

When Big D took over I had a discussion with him about keeping all the existing numbers which he did and new members were added chronologically. So John you are a seemingly charter member. Always enjoyed your posts and respected what you have done for us with your dedication to a long military career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to see many of older members are still around. I owned my 1993 since new and still drive it. I was a member of the original LCA, Til that guy went away for mail fraud. I knew Sal well, nice guy. He drove my truck a few times in both Mass and Long Island helping me tune it. I have been a member on this board since the start of NLOC.

If they still go by NLOC # I am number 52

When did you buy it in 93? I bought mine on 7-3-93. So far i think im the longest running owner.

I'm far from a longest-standing member, but I first came across nloc I think in 2003 and I remember there were 13 pages worth of threads (somewhere, apparently not in the gen 1 section) and I thought, "Wow, there is so much information here!" and then I was away for awhile (because I didn't have internet or even a computer yet at that time) and when I returned there were DOZENS of pages worth of threads and I was just blown away.

Found my first L on here in the classified section, the white '95, in early 2004, imported it into Canada where I lived at the time, sold it to my brother 10 years later and now I'm in California with a red '93 I bought a year and a half ago.

Believe i started in 03 or so? Fell in love with the gen 1s. I was in 5th grade when they came out. So i didnt own 1 for a while lol

And because of this site ive been broke since 04 lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thank you Steve and thank you Jamie, I am sure I will see you at another event sometime Jamie,

Glen, My truck was built on 7/6/1993 so it says on the fender. I bought my truck at Ridgewood Ford in NJ in 1994, it was a left over.
We didnt have any Lightnings in CT when I was looking. I am actually working close to that location now.. :)

I remember going to a dealer to look at Mustangs in 93. They had a sweet Calypso (kinda green) Cobra and a black 93. I wanted that truck so bad, but it was easily as much as the Cobra and they were not budging. Couple years later I bought my 95 new from a different dealer.

Thats funny Raymond because when I bought my truck there was a Red Cobra sitting next to my truck. I traded in my 1988 Ranger short bed, which I had a V8 conversion in it.

run351; said:
Thank you Steve and thank you Jamie, I am sure I will see you at another event sometime Jamie,

If your available a bunch of us will be at our yearly track rental (Spookfest) at Atco raceway on Friday October 27th from 8:00am-4:30 pm. We’d love for you to come!

So do i have the unofficial title of the longest running lightning owner at 7-3-1993?

Last edited:
Sad part is i might also get tge medal for my truck being off the road the longest.

Took it off the road pulled it completely apart in 2007. I had a second lightning then and was ready to finally do my first truck like i always wanted. Then me and the wife started fertility treatments. Now 9 years and $105k later we have a awesome 6 month old baby girl.

Finally time to get back on the lightning.

Back