Longest owner and longest in nloc

Been around a long time. Joined the NLOC before the forum. If I remember right my NLOC number is 387

Joined forum in Jan 2000 when it was created.

He Shawn, hows it going? I see we joined the forum on the same date Jan 28, 2000,lol.
But yeah, remember the old news letter and list type forum

Your # is 343 and Shawn’s is 387 joining on the same day. Mine use to be in the high 400’s but that info is long gone so I can’t figure out exactly what it was.

Sal was always a awesome supporter of lightnings. Do you still have his contact info. Would love to drop him a line.
I seen him about a year and a half/ 2 years ago he was working at a Goodyear in St Agustine Florida kind of just chilling.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

I remember the e-mail board that Sal created before any of the forums started. I was here when the NLOC board was first created. Sparkman's page was a wealth of info as well. If anyone can find the first thread ever on the NLOC board I wonder who it would be?

You got it Dave, nloc was formed back when they had the news letter days and email list, then came the ubb. Most all of us old dudes where in the nloc before the ubb hit

Well I'm nowhere near the oldest but I have been around since 2001. Bought my truck in Oct. 2001. Yes, I've been lurking that long... Someone mentioned 'hookatoo' and it 'sparked' something in my brain. For anyone else that knows/remembers, you will enjoy this link.
Hookatoo's F150 Lightning Page

I bought my 93 used in 1995. I found the old board from Hookatoo's F150 page, too. To think, my truck was all stock before I discovered the NLOC :scared1:

I really wish i could remember how i found sals original email group. Must have killed that brain cell long ago in my 20's. Lol 😊🍺

I was 24 when i first bought my truck. I have owned it more than half my life. A lot of good memories happened in that truck. A lot of good people who have ment a lot to me and have passed have been in my truck. I have Only let a few close family and friends drive it. Ill never sell it.

I remember talking with Sal back in 95 when he went by LordofFord in AOL. I wanted to start a SW Area Lightning club, but he had bigger ideas and NLOC was born. I started the Alta Vista mailing list which became the Google list. In 2005 I handed it over to someone, but can't remember who LOL. It still exists :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought my '93 new in October 1993. I joined NLOC in March 2000 and my# is 530. I seem to remember the original email group being on Yahoo, and I think the email group still exists with little to no Lightning content and a bunch of spam. There were a couple magazine ads for SVT clubs in 1993 - 1995, I joined the SVT Performance club because it was based in Florida, don't remember the other one. SVT Performance ceased to exist several months later.

Last edited:
I bought my '93 new in October 1993. I joined NLOC in March 200 and my# is 530. I seem to remember the original email group being on Yahoo, and I think the email group still exists with little to no Lightning content and a bunch of spam. There were a couple magazine ads for SVT clubs in 1993 - 1995, I joined the SVT Performance club because it was based in Florida, don't remember the other one. SVT Performance ceased to exist several months later.

You're right, not Google, Yahoo!

Maybe Jeff Sparkman came chime in and give us the entire sequence of events.

Here's what's for sure.

Sal started the NLOC

I started the mailing list.

Things I am foggy on: I think for a while I gave Jeff S. mod powers to the mailing list, but retained ownership. Middle-late 2005 I handed the list completely over to someone, but cannot remember who it was :(

Back