IROC Camaro... Rumor?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dennis Saprinsky:

Tuner cars just don't hold their value like a vette.

the Hell you say. A 92 saleen is going for 25 grand on the market today!!! Whats a 92 vette going for? And 495hp in the saleen would equel to 12s in the quarter. And about the cobra R how many were produced this year 300 how many zo6 were produced?
</font>

NADA High Retail - 16,500 - 92 Saleen
Kelly Blue Book - Saleen - Not Listed
Kelley Blue Book - 26,500 - 92 ZR1

Not bad but good luck getting a decent loan for high retail on a used 1992 Mustang. If you find someone who wants to pay retail and has cash, you're on your way, Otherwise...

Cobra R isn't a tuner car. Who knows what the used value of one of those will be. I have no idea.

just my opinion.

Hey, back the hell off of Dodge. Don't say you're just defending you're rides, I don't see anyone bringing Dodge into this BS esxcept L owners. Knock it off with the crappy Dodge quality before i ahve to start in on that brilliant intercooler design or 01 L tranny design.....

I've got a little daily driven 360 Dakota on the DML who I guarantee NONE of the street legal Ls on here could touch, surely none of the daily drivers, none would even come close. Hell, I doubt it could even be done on the stock L1 or L2 powerplant and be a daily driver.......

DaPurple~
Okay buddy, bring that bad boy on since you brought in up!! You want to talk about how bad this puppy is and then you give no info on this...are you sure it isn't a kitty cat in tiger trim?????????And he better at least run 9's-10's!!!!!!

------------------
Shane L.

93 black- 13.14 @ 104 (mine)
99 red- 13.04 @ 107 (my inheritance) HEHE

Well, here's his times. He drove it to the track just like he drives it everyday, and he hit a deer driving it home.... The truck is a little smashed right now, but he's fixing it.

Temp: ~89F Humidity: ~74%
R/T: 0.548
60ft: 1.248
1/8: 5.57@128.49mph
1/4: 8.74@159.73mph

You wanted em, you got em....

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by: DJANIMATE
Not a single thing you said is true besides the 1/4 time of the new vette, that's sad and it also shows how bias you actually are.

Let me run down a few of your points.

1.For such a die hard Chevy fan that couldn't stomach a Ford you sure do browse these Ford boards a lot. Sounds like Blue Oval envy to me.

2.You base your reliability of Ford on a 66 mustang and a Tempo? please. Ask any independent mechanic who's not as bias as you and you'll see the light. Your friend is interested in a R/T? Good for him, I hope he doesn't experience half the problems my buddies have had who own Dodge trucks.

3. Chevy is the powerhouse? Because their commercials say so? I don't know of any factory truck that will catch me, do you?
I owned a 99 F250 with the powerstroke and until recently it was untouchable, how long did it take GM to get a worthy diesel? can you say over a decade? In my opinion it's about damn time, I'm glad Chevy got in the HD market but it's still not going to impact Fords 23 years as the #1 seller, sounds like people trust Ford quality. Just look around some time.

Here's a couple other comparisons of Ford and Chevy's fastest cars that are close in price range..

Corvette z06 - Hp 385 5.7L / Mustang Cobra-R 385HP 5.4L
Camaro/ TA - Hp 325 5.7L / Mustang Cobra 320HP 4.6L

All I see is Ford making more horsepower with less cubes, sounds like good engineering to me.

4. 16 year old girls driving V6 Mustangs, that's cool. I guess the V6 Camaro drivers I see are a lot older then they look, along with the X-treme and R/T owners.

I don't dislike Chevy, I think they build good vehicles but not any better then Ford. It's funny how some of you Dodge guys will switch over to Chevy when you've been shot to pieces trying to talk smack, as if Chevy owners will take you under their wing (yeah right).
I've done my research, have you?
</font>

Let me break it down for you and show you how bias YOU are.

1. I post on this forum not out of envy (read: screen name) but because I want to see what the competition is up to.

2. I wasn't using the '66 Mustang or the Tempo for purposes of quality. I was simply stating an observation. I'm sure some Fords are alright quality, just not the majority.

3. Chevy is the powerhouse, and will always be, not because the commercial says so, because it's fact. Who cares about your sport truck? Take a look at the big picture of things. In the long run Chevy will provide mroe horsepower N/A. Look at the new 4.2L, 270hp.

4. The only reason Ford is the number one seller is because Chevy HD trucks are the longest lasting on the road. They don't need to be replaced so quickly. That is fact based on truck company registrations.

5. If Ford is making just as much horsepower with smaller cubes then why don't you bother telling me why the '99 Cobras aren't faster than the '98s? Why aren't there any 2000 Cobras? Where did those extra 20 ponies go? Yeah, great techology. It may put out 20 more horsepower in testing but when Ford actually put them in the '99s, they weren't at all faster than the '98s.

6. There are more kids driving V6 Mustangs and Xtremes than R/Ts or Lightning. This is strictly based on price. Girls who just geta license want a Mustang because that's all they know. Face it, a Mustang is a girl's car. Not to mention that they are nearly $10K cheaper than the average R/T. R/Ts aren't as exspensive as Lightning which is why you'll see the 19-25 age group driving them more. Punk kids who want a flashy first truck get Xtremes.

Gee, for someone who has done their "research"...you just got schooled.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DaPurpleR/T:
Well, here's his times. He drove it to the track just like he drives it everyday, and he hit a deer driving it home.... The truck is a little smashed right now, but he's fixing it.

Temp: ~89F Humidity: ~74%
R/T: 0.548
60ft: 1.248
1/8: 5.57@128.49mph
1/4: 8.74@159.73mph

You wanted em, you got em....
</font>

I guess where you live you dont have smog tests because If my truck went that fast I couldnt get a tag for it.

------------------
93L#5173
underdrives
14 degree timing
3chamber flows

Face it, a Mustang is a girl's car.

Yeah thats pretty funny considering I know a girl that drives a 5.0 LX that will hand your RT its ass.

------------------
93L#5173
underdrives
14 degree timing
3chamber flows

umm.. Its true my Fiance' drives Ours Mustang GT as a Daily Driver for her and I get the R/T but her car IS fun to drive. Even though its an Auto, It has a ShiftKit, Off Road Hpipe (Flowmasters ofcourse) and a Sport Suspension Kit... Plans for that car are simple...11psi Vortech,Headers Custom Comp., and that car will Out handle,out run and Make Lunch out off just about any Stock Car made.. My Point Mustangs are like R/Ts, They are begging for Mods!

------------------
KeepTruckin!
Tim C
99 SYRC R/T:13.86@100mph! N/A 294RWHP
96 Stang GT:14.8@91
95 1200XLCustom:?@??
If ya Cant Beatum, better go back to the Speedshop!

RT4MeToLaughAt,

Is that your comeback? Re-read your last post, now carefully put the crack pipe down and try again when your buzz clears. When you have something worth responding to I might type more then a small paragraph, I only reply to bias opinions once. Go away troll, you contribute nothing to this BBS. Your useless and your momma dresses you funny.

DaPurple,

Don't even get me started, you and a few others (actually it appears to be more like 2 of you) are the ones who come over here and talk shit about Ford and to this point I've been easy. Everything I've ever slammed any of you on has been well justified so quit acting like your innocent.
What RT4U2NV said was plain bullshit and I simply came back with the facts, do the facts upset you that much?
Do you see the other R/T owners doing that?
no.
Do you see me starting shit with them?
no.
If you notice I never have made a stab at Dodge until one of you talked shit first, I challenge you to prove me wrong on that.
Don't even try the intercooler thing or I'll bring up things like the cab falling off, the hood flying up, bad brakes, etc, etc. Those are real recalls and that's only the tip of the iceberg so don't throw a match on that lake of gasoline or you will get torched.
I appreciate the cool R/T, Ram, and SS owners we have here and I don't want to offend them but I'm not going to sit back when someone talks out their ass just to feed their inferiority complex. It's real simple; don't start talking shit unless you enjoy playing the role of Ned Beatty in Deliverance.

Case Closed.

DJ~
You are the man!! Tell it like it is!!!!! Ram it to them buddy, you ARE right on your entire post you know!! I will second what you say! What would those 2 do about it anyways!! I know one of them wasn't at the natioal meet in Topeka, and I'm not sure about the other one! Would have been nice if they had shown up!

If you guys think this is funny...check out what the other Dakota R/T 5.9 owners think of RT4U2NV............They don't like him on their board either!! LOL

DokataBoard

And then go back to "show more discussions" and go back 7 days and their is more $hit about him!!!!LOL
------------------
Shane L.

[This message has been edited by lil'Zeus (edited 07-19-2001).]

[This message has been edited by lil'Zeus (edited 07-19-2001).]

Damn, another thread turned R/T vs L (yawn).

Back to the f-bod vs 'Stang (vs Vette?) issue.....

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lil'Zeus:
If you are willing to spend/waste the money on the vette over the mustang that would have to be your problem! The mustang is better for the "bang-4-the buck" anyways! A stock GT will run 14.0 and a vette will run what, a 13.60-13.80 for 18k more...Maybe 13.40 or something on a good day!!

For the same amount of money you could go out and buy a coupe Roush Stage III and beat new ZO6's......

So I guess I don't understand your comment! Could you explain it further, cause it made no sence!!

</font>

Roush's, Saleens etc are tuner cars, different "class" from production cars like Z06s and (stretching it a little) Cobra 'Rs. If you want to go there, I'll take a $25K Z28 down to Decatur and drop Johnny L a 20-G spot and drive off w/ 500+HP LPE f-bod that'll smoke any Saleen and Roush car. Advantage GM.

If you wan't to cross classes (pony car vs sports car) and compare bang-4-buck, yes the GT or Cobra may be better than a Vette, but still not as good as a LS1 f-bod. Again, advantage GM.

My opinion on a "bang-4-buck" winner is "can you buy anything (in the same class) faster AND cheaper? If the answer is NO, then it's a bang-4-buck winner in my book. Right now, it looks like Z06s, LS1 f-bods, L2s and yes, even R/Ts take that checkered flag, not any Mustang.

Does that make senSe?

How does a mustang not get rated in your book, but a RT does???? That makes no sense!! A new, STOCK mustang with a decent driver will trash a stock RT, or even some with blowers from what I saw in Topeka!

And like DJ said before, The certain R/T guys start the trash, then we respond to it!!

What ever man!!

------------------
Shane L.

You could also pick up a $7k '90 GLX Mustang, take it to any speed shop, drop $25k into it, and take any modified Z28 out there.

So why would people want to pay more for a Z06, FireHawk or a Cobra R? Exclusivity, factory warrantable parts, and a name brand that people will associate with extreme speed.

Comparing trucks to cars, used to new (even used to used) is apples to oranges. Can't be done "fairly". Gotta stay in the same class. Mustang's had it w/ the 5.0s up to '93 when the new f-bod w/ LT1s came out. But any other generation, the f-bods ruled the pony car "bang-4-buck" category.

[This message has been edited by JohnnyBzCCRT (edited 07-19-2001).]

Dj, all I'm saying is YOU brought thw Dakota R/T and Dodgew into thias thread, just like you try tro with every thread. You're trying to start a flame war in this thread like you do every threads between R/Ts and Ls, and it really bites. So knock it off and continue trying to defend the Mustang, don't attack the R/T when you can't defend it anymore.....

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by: DJDELUSIONAL
RT4MeToLaughAt,
Is that your comeback? Re-read your last post, now carefully put the crack pipe down and try again when your buzz clears. When you have something worth responding to I might type more then a small paragraph, I only reply to bias opinions once. Go away troll, you contribute nothing to this BBS. Your useless and your momma dresses you funny.
</font>

My entire post is based in FACT.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by: DJDELUSIONAL
Don't even get me started, you and a few others (actually it appears to be more like 2 of you) are the ones who come over here and talk shit about Ford and to this point I've been easy. Everything I've ever slammed any of you on has been well justified so quit acting like your innocent.</font>

Look, I have never started ANY towards ANYONE on this board. The only person I post flames to is JJ, and well.....that's self-explanatory. I have always been cool with everyone on this board. I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm always down the civil debate but I draw the line when people start to get immature because they've backed into a corner (read: RT4MeToLaughAt, your useless, and your momma dresses you funny).

You must realize one thing, the whole R/T vs. Lightning wasn't the topic of debate. I was comparing Chevy to Ford. You are the one who turned it into an R/T vs. Lightning thing. Hell, if you didn't know I owned an R/T would you still have used the same argument?

So in conclusion, just sit back relax. Smoke a joint, have a beer, get laid. Whatever you need to do man. Just don't start gettin' all crazy. You don't want to align yourself with JJ.

[This message has been edited by RT4U2NV (edited 07-19-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DaPurpleR/T:
Dj, all I'm saying is YOU brought thw Dakota R/T and Dodgew into thias thread, just like you try tro with every thread. You're trying to start a flame war in this thread like you do every threads between R/Ts and Ls, and it really bites. So knock it off and continue trying to defend the Mustang, don't attack the R/T when you can't defend it anymore.....</font>

No, try again. RTforPreSchoolersToNV came in talking shit and this time tried to win the hearts of the Chevy guys, most likely for some kind of backup which seemed to somewhat work judging by Johnny's pro-chevy post. He drives an R/T, he talked shit, he got an industrial strength can of whoop ass opened up on him.
You just over look the cheap Ford stabs because your used to posting them yourself, I've called you out on that before so quit acting like your innocent. Take a look at my registered date, I've been around a while and I remember you all the shit you used to talk so don't even go down 'innocent road', it will only lead you to 'smack down avenue' and there's a hefty toll.

Johnny,
You argument has been rehashed over and over at SVTperformance where the Cobra guys live, the last time I checked the advantage was Ford. It's still all opinion as to who's right and wrong, as I said before I have nothing against GM I just prefer Ford. Both have their advantages and weaknesses and we both know that. Don't let someone who doesn't have enough balls to stand behind the truck they own lure you in to this pointless argument.

RTDrivenByForrestGump,

Don't you realize people can still see your original post? Is ya stupid?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RT4U2NV:
What is all this talk about 'Vettes running mid to high 13s? I can guarantee that with stock tires a LS1 Vette will run low 13s out of the box. The Z06 is definitely capable of mid-high 12s in stock trim.

I've always been a die hard Chevy fan...for the muscle. I could never stomach driving a Ford, which is one of the main reasons I drive an R/T. I've never had a good experience with a late model Ford. My best friend used to have a '66 Mustang. Fun Factor = 10, Relibility = 2. He ended up selling it for a Tempo...talk about a blow to the ego. That was a piece of shit too. He didn't have the money at the time for anything else. Now guess what he's interested in.......you got it, an R/T.

Ford knows how to market their cars, simply by tailoring to the buyers needs (read: new Explorer, Heavy Duty Trucks). However, they fall short on quality. Chevy will always be the power house of muscle and Ford will follow behind. That is fine by them, as long as they're selling cars. This is obviously ever labels strategy but it's more apparent in Ford.

Watch out in the future though. Ford will lose the Heavy Duty truck market and the Mid-sized SUV market as well. They may have the sports car market, but you can chalk that one up to 16 year old girls who want V6 Mustangs.

[This message has been edited by RT4U2NV (edited 07-18-2001).]
</font>

So DJ,

You deny that YOU brought R/Ts and Dodges into this thread that had NOTHING to with R/Ts, Ls, or Dodge??? That's all I'm asking. Just because RT4U2NV posted something doesn't mean he broguht thme in just because he owns an R/T. Lots of people who own Ls posted in this thread, but that doesn't mean THEY brought them into this argument or something.

Geez, keep to the topic if you want to show someone up or whatever it is you're trying to do. Just don't go off on Dodge's and R/Ts because it's all ya got. Read the posts here, many of your L bretheren are tired of that kinda bS too.

Back