IROC Camaro... Rumor?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DaPurpleR/T:
Whoa, nice blast from the past DJ! Never said I was innocent of anything, neither did I try to dwell on the past, I'm talking about here, now, and this thread. I'ma supreme asshole and dumbass sometimes, I admit it, anyone who doesn't is lying to themselves.

Let's keep it in the here and now plz. Oh yeah, you know I'm an admin at that board, right?
smile.gif
</font>

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RT4U2NV:
Damn man, I can't come back from the troll.</font>

It's ok guys, It's really all in good fun. Besides, I bet a lot of the members get a kick out of us acting like children; some don't but you can't please everyone.
No one should take anything on these boards seriously (except for mods
wink.gif
), it's all just talk and it's what testosterone driven, v8 truck drivin’ men do.
It's kinda like when you get in a fight with your brother or friend, afterwards you'll become closer. Now, I'm not going to go get a R/T tattoo
smile.gif
but I feel we can all respect each other more.
Damn, am I getting sentimental…
http://www.davidmulliss.com.au/Wugsy/page1.htm

haha. On a lighter note I’m on call this weekend so I’m home right now and the UPS man just showed up with my Roush lowering kit and Wet Okole’s. Whooo-hoo!

Later guys,
Adam

BTW - Good to see your back Surfa.

DJ, The brown-suited Santa visited me today too. Brought my Cuda rollpan. Yum, it was just made Wed. so I can still smell the sealants used on it.
smile.gif

cool.gif
Yo DJ ...its all good man
biggrin.gif
hey I wanna see that rousch kit (pics) when,is dat baby goin onnnnnnn?? Bust it out...i'll make a new tread...Bust em Out Bra!!!!!with yu starrin naturally
smile.gif
will look like GO-rila...dat is a look of cool and serious performance......

Now this camaro..YIKES!!! not that...that be one mean ol beast!!!!
eek.gif
wuld luv to see one here in hawaii..F body goin out???WHAT a bang
biggrin.gif

------------------
Da ultimatesurfa
surfin your turf!!!
1999 CC dakota r/t
13.74@97mph
da_surfas_beach.JPG

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DJANIMATE:
Johnny,

DaPurpleR/T,

I think this speaks for itself concerning your 'innocent' demeanor...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=46db3112fedcd721c81b5 731b4b02043&threadid=981

In case your still working on the word demeanor..
de·mean·or [di mnr ] noun
outward behavior: somebody's behavior, manner, or appearance, especially as it reflects on character

</font>

DJ,
Thanks man! I almost forgot all about that stuff.

------------------
1999 Lightning(White) #2373
Trico Wiper Blades(awesome mod)
12.88 @ 104.5(Last Season)

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by: LEDSLED11999
Well back to the original topic. I think this is what you were asking about. 2002 SS with the 405hp LS6 motor, brakes, wheels and 4.10 gears. It is available soon. Here is the website.</font>

Is this an aftermarket tuner or can you walk into a dealership and pick on of these cars from the lot, granted they have them?

If it's an aftermarket tuner then what's the big deal? Lingenfelter has been doing it for years.

However, it be bad-ass to check off some options for that car and have it under warranty.

These cars are sold at certain dealerships, similar to Rousch and Saleen.

reading through that svt performance page, and with some observation on here for the past several months.... why are L owners for the most part such conceited, closed minded "im better than you" "you think you can even compare your truck to mine" assholes?? i like the majority of you here.. seem to be level headed enough, but it seems to be an "L" bug that a lot of L owners need to get medication for....

sorry hung over and rambling
Pete

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RedRT:
reading through that svt performance page, and with some observation on here for the past several months.... why are L owners for the most part such conceited, closed minded "im better than you" "you think you can even compare your truck to mine" assholes?? i like the majority of you here.. seem to be level headed enough, but it seems to be an "L" bug that a lot of L owners need to get medication for....

sorry hung over and rambling
Pete

</font>

I'm gonna allow you a chance to rethink or rephrase your comments, before I give a response.

------------------
Nothing strikes faster than Lightning!

Thanks, but I don't need your permission to speak. You read what I said.
Pete

I visited SVTPerformance for the first time last night. To me its not that big of a beal. I didnt read anything new or even interesting. So I probably wont go back.
NOW, As far as the majority of Lightning owners being assholes, or whatever, In my opinion those drivers arent enthusiast. They just bought a brand new Lightning, which is fast, but sometimes their thinking might be that for their $32,000 their pickup is the best truck ever. And they might be right. I have noticed this in some Gen2 owners myself. Not so much in Gen1s cause our trucks are inexpensive now. These are NOT performance fans. They just purchased a sweet ride, but they do flaunt it sometimes.
Also keep in mind that in both situations, NLOC and SVT Performance, you were at THEIR house so this could be why they talk smack. If that was the case. Just a though, Rod K.

------------------
Rod K.
fe971776.jpg

'93 Lightning #1529
13.683 @ 97.82 Au Natural
'98 SVT Contour E1 #5782
'00 Suzuki Bandit S1200 10s??

[This message has been edited by HotRod (edited 07-22-2001).]

oh most definately I agree there... like i said.. most of u guys/gals here are really cool.. however there are the few that i cant stand.. but hey.. no one gets along with everyone.
i was just so dissapointed at the mindless banter that went on over there i just had to say something.
Pete

oh most definately I agree there... like i said.. most of u guys/gals here are really cool.. however there are the few that i cant stand.. but hey.. no one gets along with everyone.
i was just so dissapointed at the mindless banter that went on over there i just had to say something.
Pete

</font>

Hey Pete,

Sounds alot like the Delphi R/T forum. But hey.. alot of the R/T guys perpetually make asses of themselves too... so I guess its not really owning a certain truck that does it.. its being human
smile.gif
or semi-human in some cases... hehe. Anyway.. I wont go near the Delphi forum cuz its populated mostly by idiots. Im sure that the poor Lightning guys have their share of them as well.... tho not on this board ( which is one of the reasons I hang out here.. 99% of ya are pretty damn cool and appreciate performance trucks/cars of ANY make, as long as they are fast
smile.gif
) Anyway... just my rambling...

Danno

------------------
98 DA CC R/T
12.99 @ 103.72
Sigpic.jpg

cool.gif
Alrighty then...We have established that da braddahs hea is da kine.cool,knowlegable,innovative. And if ya think about it guys...this is cheaper than subscribing to sport truck or sometin...All kinds of good things(KILLS)and other blood related performance events
biggrin.gif
...Flame suits are handed out at the door so if ya ar equiped flap away...post fast, post mean and most of all post like ya are all surfinnnnnnnnnn...This is WARZONE...feel the rumble......(sound effects DJ please
biggrin.gif
)

------------------
Da ultimatesurfa
surfin your turf!!!
1999 CC dakota r/t
13.74@97mph
da_surfas_beach.JPG

Danno, the delphi board is a lost cause... I don't even read it every day like I used to do religiously. I don't talk on the rtml much, cuz well... It reminds me of high school in all honesty... if you're not one of the "cool kids", no one listens to anything you have to say or ask unless you can get them a hotchkis kit at $400.00 off. There's just as much drama on the list as there is on the board, except the drama on the list is made up by well known people of the cyber community, and well known R/T owners at that... so apparently that makes it okay. Another thing Dan, can you email me, I want to ask you how you got the stance of your truck the way you did... DaPurple seemed to have an idea, bbut was unsure.
Pete102580@yahoo.com

thanx
Pete

Hey Surfa, You been to the track lately? Just wonderin how the Flyin Hawiian is runnin. It rains EVERY SINGLE DAY here. Later, Rod K.

------------------
Rod K.
fe971776.jpg

'93 Lightning #1529
13.683 @ 97.82 Au Natural
'98 SVT Contour E1 #5782
'00 Suzuki Bandit S1200 10s??

Danno, the delphi board is a lost cause... I don't even read it every day like I used to do religiously. I don't talk on the rtml much, cuz well... It reminds me of high school in all honesty... if you're not one of the "cool kids", no one listens to anything you have to say or ask unless you can get them a hotchkis kit at $400.00 off. There's just as much drama on the list as there is on the board, except the drama on the list is made up by well known people of the cyber community, and well known R/T owners at that... so apparently that makes it okay. Another thing Dan, can you email me, I want to ask you how you got the stance of your truck the way you did... DaPurple seemed to have an idea, bbut was unsure.
Pete102580@yahoo.com

thanx
Pete

</font>

Pete,

Can tell ya right here
smile.gif
if the L guys dont mind...

Cut the front coils 1 1/8 th of a coil. This was a lil too far IMO..
the rear was easy.. took an old spring pad from a diff, welded some 2.5" box tube in it, and voila.. 2.75" rear blocks
smile.gif
thats it... nothing more
smile.gif
with the KYB shocks.. Im into it for about $300....

Danno

------------------
98 DA CC R/T
12.99 @ 103.72
Sigpic.jpg

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by HotRod:
Hey Surfa, You been to the track lately? Just wonderin how the Flyin Hawiian is runnin. It rains EVERY SINGLE DAY here. Later, Rod K.

</font>

No hotrod..havent been
biggrin.gif
,,,just got the truck back together...I lowered compression to 8.3 to 1 and put forged slugs down dere...put an m1 manifold on and as of today the new moto got 159 miles on it....after 1200 or so i am goin back to the track...dis animal shuld dip farther down in the 13's easily..right now it feels stronger than before yeeeehawwwww boostin again...Its been 4 mos since i ran this guy..2 days and i am back in love....boost is beautiful arwooooooooooo

------------------
Da ultimatesurfa
surfin your turf!!!
1999 CC dakota r/t
13.74@97mph
da_surfas_beach.JPG

[This message has been edited by ultimatesurfa (edited 07-22-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ultimatesurfa:
cool.gif
Yo DJ ...its all good man
biggrin.gif
hey I wanna see that rousch kit (pics) when,is dat baby goin onnnnnnn?? Bust it out...i'll make a new tread...Bust em Out Bra!!!!!with yu starrin naturally
smile.gif
will look like GO-rila...dat is a look of cool and serious performance......

</font>

Surfa,

I spent all Saturday going from shop to shop looking for the best price for the install, the cheapest I found was under $400 bucks for the install and alignment. I could do it myself but without a garage something like that can be just too much of a headache (all of my other mods except the straight pipes were done in my parking lot
smile.gif
).
Plus, the above price is at a really cool service center that's Ford authorized, having it done there would help for any warranty issues in the future. I'm not saying everything will be warranted (it's not a roush shop) but it looks a whole lot better when you can say a certified Ford mechanic did the work. Know what I mean?
It looks like I'll get it done this week, I'll post some pics once it is.
I also found a shop that will install my JBA headers for $195, that's insainly cheap. I might get that done this week too.

Later,

------------------
Adam
01 Black Lightning
Newest - Wet Okles seat covers, Roush lowering kit (waiting for install)
JDM Big mouth filter, JDM Flip chip, JDM Breather cap, JL Ram Air, JBA Headers, Striaght Pipes, Single Blade TB, Splitfires, Bed Rug, Steel Horse Billet grills, Keypad Mod, Dynomatted cab, Blaupunkt MD reciever w/CD changer, MTX Thunder Form, Clarion 5X7's up front, Infinity Kappa's in back, kick panels with JBL components, Relocated starter button, Billet pedals, red interior lights w/neon, purple neon and strobe lights for the shows, and more.
fe5736c6.gif

Back