How To: Install GlowShift Gauges (Oil Pressure, Fuel Pressure, Trans Temperature)

thanks for the help, I just ordered your exact set of gauges. they were the same gauges I was looking for but not looking to spend a fortune. great write up and a huge help. oil pressure, fuel pressure, and trans temp, since I am now hauling and towing a lot for my job. I have tremec TKO 650 5 speed im my L and I want to protect my investment!

I don't think you need to be as worried about trans temps as us auto guys. Heat will KILL an auto trans but a 5spd shouldn't have a heat problem like an auto

true, but that tranny cost me a lot of $ and I would hate for a leak or some ill luck to ruin it. I am hauling up to six drums of oil in the bed (3000 pounds)and sometimes going to be towing a bobtail tank of oil for remote fills. I just want to make sure everything is running right. also, i like gauges...

just did this and my oil pressure gauge reads pegged at 100 psi... i tried switching connectors back and forth, but nothing seems to fix it. I also did not do the "T" so I have no idiot gauge working and I know that obviously do not have oil pressure of 100 when my truck runs fine and oil pressure was normal before the install. any ideas?

Also Thanks Kindly because I love these gauges and would not have even done this without this sticky

also if anyone is curious, my trans temp has not raised up past 140-150 in the tremec. I'll let you know what it peaks at on my drive through the desert's of CA while I haul 1 ton of oil in the back...

Ya thats pretty much a waste of a gauge on your truck. You really dont need to worry about the oil temp on a traditional gearbox. The oil is just there to keep the gear surfaces and bearings lubricated and even when running thin ATF under extreme load its not going to get hot. Even if it did its not going to hurt anything. I mean think about it you dont worry about the oil temp in the rear diff which is basically the same thing. Auto transmissions have wet clutches, torque converters, and actual oil pumps which all create heat. They are true hydraulic circuits and sustain damage if the oil gets to hot which it easily can in those transmissions under heavy load.

Ya I know but there will be times when I'm hauling and towing at the same time over long distances in 100 degree heat and I saved up money for over a year just for that tremec swap and I just want to be sure... Also, like I said before, I like gauges... Ha ha

I thought about getting a coolant temp gauge instead, but went with trans temp since I already have the idiot gauge for hot and cold

Back