How are Predator users liking it?

RWTD said:
I'm not attempting to add salt to anyone's wound here, but you should ALWAYS buy your Predator from a reputable TUNING dealer. Purchasing one because you find it for less from some unauthorized dealer, or some company purposely lowering their pricing to create hardship on other respectable dealers, does nothing but put you, the customer, in a grey area. You have no idea what you're getting, and are just going by other feedback from Predator owners coming from the same rouge selling dealers. Buying from a vendor who can personally tune you is the ONLY way to go! I recommend to ALL of my customers to allow me to build them a custom tune.

Kind Regards...

Now with these questions arising, My L has a power tube on the intake with a drop in K&N filter (stock box), and a Bassani cat-back exhaust. Is it still safe for me to use the performance tune #1 on the predator, or might I be running into a problem....Thats all I need to worry about is blowing something up/breaking my L. There are not a lot of tuning places around with dynos where I am, so I want a safe program to just PLUG AND GO!!!

Would you recommend a custom tune for my minor mods or is it safe with the predator tune #1????? :? :?

Thanks in advance!

Forced_Fed said:
Would you recommend a custom tune for my minor mods or is it safe with the predator tune #1????? :? :?

Thanks in advance!

If you purchase a Predator from anyone, I would recommend purchasing from a ChipMaster-Revolution dealer, so that dealer can build you a custom tune. If you were my customer, yes, I would ask that you please let me build you a custom tune, period.

Sincerely...

RWTD said:
If you purchase a Predator from anyone, I would recommend purchasing from a ChipMaster-Revolution dealer, so that dealer can build you a custom tune. If you were my customer, yes, I would ask that you please let me build you a custom tune, period.

Sincerely...

I will be ordering the Predator from you shortly after I can get a little more $$ gathered up. I would like for you to make me a custom tune also (to be safe). Thanks for all of your continuing advise!! :tu:

I just installed my Predator I got from RWTD. and all I can say it really WAKES up the L. its my first mod on my '03L. an excellent platform to start on.

John

RAIDEN said:
I just installed my Predator I got from RWTD. and all I can say it really WAKES up the L. its my first mod on my '03L. an excellent platform to start on.

John, thanks for the post and the praise of the product. When you're able, please make sure that you request your custom tune, if you haven't already (sorry, I can't always match member names to customers).

Sincerely...

Those of you that get a Predator and custom tune from RWTD will not be disappointed. I love my tune that I have right now and will be installing another one in a few days when I get time off from work to install my 4lb lower.

Thanks again James

Later
Damon

RWTD said:
John, thanks for the post and the praise of the product. When you're able, please make sure that you request your custom tune, if you haven't already (sorry, I can't always match member names to customers).

Sincerely...

I already have it, just didnt install it yet. I bought the wrong serial cable. so for now, Im using the tune thats already in the Predator. still, its a big difference.:tu:

RAIDEN, get the serial cable at Radio Shack, I got mines at the Pearl Ridge location. Im impressed that your L is running the stock Predator tune and not detonating, I installed a custom tune from James about two weeks ago, but still haven't given it the full throttle just yet. Ill be curious to see what your total timing is.

BTW, did you meet the other guys at Kapolei Wendys on Saturday nite or have a chance to run the Predator at HRP?:3g:

sup Mortis, I got the right serial cable from CompUSA. I needed female/male DB9 cable.

Yeah, I met Clifford and David. but I missed Cary.

Nope, never run it at HRP.....yet. I jsut installed it yesterday.

We should make a get together one weekend.

Laters,

John

Im up for it, let me know when you guys head out again, Ill be out of town on the 24th and 31st but we'll be back right after. If you guys schedule something on Saturday, count me in being late as I work till 6:30. PM me when you guys want to set something up. Stuart:tu:

I was at the cruise. we didn't stay long. left around 8. didn't see anything interesting. Waiting to get my bike finished so I can throw it in the truck and show it off. might have it by end of Feb it's being built in Texas. ;k

Hey Mortis, Raiden,

I'd like to hook up w/yu guys sometime and ck out your Predator setup. Still saving for my wheels/tires right now but am interested in this as my next mod.

james

Ill give you a PM next time Im on that side of the island, will be off island the next two weeks. Nothing really to see except the data logging features, as I tend to leave mines at home all the time.

sup James, Mortis,

sounds good, jus PM me. We gotta go to HRP and do some runs. Havent timed my L yet. Jus itchin to go!

John

Back