Having issues, lots of codes. HELP!

It was a BWD part, probably the 6th or 7th ive put in (under warranty) since owning the truck. BUT i did discover the root problem. I popped the case apart on the bad one, and it was full of water and was corroded under the board. Going silicone the new one to preveny further leakage.

Good to know, not sure it would help, but do you still have the hood seal that is on the forward edge of the cowl?
Might also check to see if the seal inside the connector is still good. (@ harness end)

Stop driving under water, you "are not" James Bond! Just kidding. Seriously tho', what gives with the water intrusion?

two reasons. A: ford designed the bracket so that the sensor can only be mounted upside down. easily fixed but i would rather keep it in the stock location.
B: i just noticed that my hood hinges have been spaced away from the cowl by a good 1/4", which was probably to lign up the cervinis hood properly. So there's more gap between the hood and cowl then there needs to be.

I do have a new seal on the cowl because the the cervinis hood ate the original, BUT i don't believe it covers the MAP sensor. I believe the problem will be remedied entirely when the hood is back where it should be and the sensor case is sealed.

P.S. Some say that James Bond was just my alias for a couple of years... and that my lightning runs on angel dust... I'm actually THE STIG!!

You would be surprised how many components are not water proof or even water resistant. Cessna uses the old style Ford starter solenoids on their airplanes and they are mounted with the crimp connection up. They fill with water and corrode, leaving the plane stranded. For the premium you have to pay for the official Cessna part, or an approved aftermarket replacement, you would think they could put a bead of silicon around the crimp to keep the water out.

Back