has anyone sold their truck

badpony93

i have a huge blower
for the actual asking price? just noticed the cheapest truck in the classifieds is a roller for 5 grand. are people actually paying that kind of money these days?

I know a guy in Abilene that just bought a 94 with 95K miles and in super clean but bone stock condition for $7900.

In 5 more years the Gen 1's will fetch $10K and the Gen 2's will bring $5K. It's like the Fox body stangs are worth more than the 99-04 mustangs now.

ive noticed they are going for big money online, there arent many around my area to compare local prices..i know i priced mine for 4k to a guy about a week ago and it only has 78k miles.. too bad it has a prior salvage title lol

I don't know about price but there is a Lightning near my Parents house. It's usually parked outside in his driveway. I stopped and talked to the owner. He was kind of rude at first until I explained I had one I was rebuilding and wasn't interested in trying to buy his. He actually put a posted sign in his yard because he had so many people stop and ask about buying it. He said one guy stops by every six months or so and bugs him about selling it. So there is definitely demand. It's a nice looking white 95.

In 5 more years the Gen 1's will fetch $10K and the Gen 2's will bring $5K. It's like the Fox body stangs are worth more than the 99-04 mustangs now.

I wouldn't be surprised with that statement. Gen 2's are increasingly being seen for under 10 K for the 99's. With a "regular" Gen 1 fetching 10K in 2017 I wonder how SuperCab conversions and manual trans conversions will do !

Scott

Just bought mine for 4700... VERY GOOD condition but with 156k miles. Down in FL area. A few for sale in Central FL such as Venice i know of one, one over by Orlando, and one in Clearwater. But i got a steal for the one i got. The others are REALLY rough and are going for 5.5k plus, one guy is asking 7k but it is very nice under the hood, blown 5.8L but isnt the prettiest thing in the world, why i turned away. And it didnt run right. Idled rough! and didnt punch like it should.

Im lovin this increase. I paid 7,000 cash money two years ago this month for my 95 white Lightning. Truck is in Near Mint shape and it had 100,036 miles on it when i picked it up. it has 108,xxx miles on it now and i plan to keep the miles down just because it dont want to beat on it and it start showing wear and tear. It will remain a car show/fare weather/weekend driver for the rest of its life.

Hate being new.. have no idea what all the inside jokes are yet or what these comments refer to yet lol

I have always been completely convinced that based on the numbers in which these trucks have been built; the unique combo of parts that have gone into them, while taking into consideration fluctuations in the economy and the dwindling numbers of serviving vehicles that they will, at some point in time, be worth some respectable if not "nice" money and with the fluctuations on.

I went so far a couple of years back to liken their prospective values to those of the late 60s-early 70s Mach I ... correlating the ~72,000 Mach Is built in '69 alone to the <12,000 1st generation Lightnings built in their three years of production.

I received some flames and was repeatedly reminded that, "they're just trucks a*shole", to which I vehemently replied, bul*sh*t!!

Last edited:
I have always been completely convinced that based on the numbers in which these trucks have been built; the unique combo of parts that have gone into them, while taking into consideration fluctuations in the economy and the dwindling numbers of serviving vehicles that they will, at some point in time, be worth some respectable if not "nice" money and with the fluctuations on.

I went so far a couple of years back to liken their prospective values to those of the late 60s-early 70s Mach I ... correlating the ~72,000 Mach Is built in '69 alone to the <12,000 1st generation Lightnings built in their three years of production.

I received some flames and was repeatedly reminded that, "they're just trucks a*shole", to which I vehemently replied, bul*sh*t!!

...you know Ron in a way I agree with you. It really depends on the funds and time an owner is willing to invest and the condition of the truck they are starting with. That combined with their passion and overall goal will determine how far they take a project.

I like your project because it is more of a "resto-mod" project as opposed to a factory restore. Your keeping the overall style and intention of the truck in mind while also adding better parts be it for cosmetics or slight performance improvements.

I paid $6,250 for my '94 with 125,000 miles on it in May 2009. It needed some work but I think I got a decent deal on it. It would have obviously been a better deal at $5,250.

I like the Resto Mod idea as well. I would like to see what the GT40 heads off of my Cobra, plus 408 cubic inches, and a nice stockish duration but way more lift camshaft would do. I'm thinking stock like idle, low 13's, looks stock under the hood, clean clean clean, and knock back 17mpg on the Hwy with the AC blowin.

I stand by my statement...they are still dressed up f150s.I have been trying to sell mine for 6-8 months...asking 6500,and I can't even give it away.you have to find the right *** at the right time.

I picked up my white '95 in august for $7k, talked him down from $8500. It was bone stock w/ 75K on it & very clean all original sheet metal and paint.

I had been looking for a white L for about a year prior, but all I've found were guys asking 4 grand for beat trucks that were not worth $1500, so I don't regret jumping on this one.

All I've done to it so far was plugs, cap & rotor and change the fluids, but I also added a punisher vb and 2" shackles so it's probably only worth $5K now

Back