has anyone sold their truck

I paid $7800 for mine 6 years ago with 68,000 miles on it. Seller was asking $9,000. Six years later i now have 78,000 on it, never crossed my mind to sell it, just buy more!!

paid 4800 for mine in 09 with 106k miles on it and fresh paint,truck was in great shape. sold it and then bought it back for 4500 with 121k miles on it and in rough shape. I lucked out on mine i think as far as price. Whole time I was looking for one I wanted a white one and still do but dont wan to sell my 93 lol. There will always be those that think a certain car or truck isnt worth what others are asking,hell my 68 R code numbers matching torino is one of those cars that people dog the value on yet a mustang with a R code CJ theyw ant an arm and a leg for. All comes down to what people want.

Joe

This isn't limited to just the L. Around here all of the F-150s from that era command good money for a nice one. I've said for years that I think the 88-96 F-150 will one day become the next 53-56 F-100. All of them will be classics some day and we'll be talking about the 88-96 F-150 like we talk about other classics. They will all be desired, but the L more so.

Took mine to a cruise-in Saturday. While there,a guy was all over it saying "I've been looking for one of these!" I asked if he meant a Gen 1,and he assured me he wanted nothing else. He said he sees them on E-bay all the time. I WILL not go on or do any business whatsoever with E-bay (strictly personal reasons) so I asked what they were going for. "$11,000".was his answer. I thanked him for the info,because that's about what I paid for the truck in '98. Then,in yesterday's classifieds there was a '93,"All original" for $11,000!! I guess thats what a clean,original 1st gen is worth! Doesn't matter though,because mine's not for sale!!

wow, a bit high lol.. i got mine for $4700 this past weekend in GREAT condition. but maybe it was a steal like mentioned before. Most around here are going for that 5.5k mark or more. but in RLY cruddy condition

I bet the gen1's will always command top dollar,don't think the gen2's will though,especially with the way the new rcsb 5.0 trucks are running when modded.

man you guys ran with this thread. i was just posting to say that most of these guys are out of their freakin minds asking 9 or 10 grand for stock trucks with just shy of 100,000 miles.

I think they are crazy also. Paid 3k for my high mile black 94 in perfect shape and 6k for my white 94 with 9k miles. Just gotta wait for those good deals to come along.

We'll I bought my first lightning last Monday. It is a 1993 Black and #89 built with 88k for $4300. It has the typical faded paint on top but everything else seems fine. I flew from Dallas,Tx to Nashville,Tn and drove it home getting 16mpg. I thought that wasn't bad but it might have been better since I found the t-stat was stuck open. I buffed the paint today and it's alot better but a few places will still need to be painted.

I paid 10k in 01 for my 93 with 56k. Im second owner and went to sell mine countless times but never have gone through with it. Not sure if its because i want (hope) for a nice pay day later or just because i like it

I have always been completely convinced that based on the numbers in which these trucks have been built; the unique combo of parts that have gone into them, while taking into consideration fluctuations in the economy and the dwindling numbers of serviving vehicles that they will, at some point in time, be worth some respectable if not "nice" money and with the fluctuations on.

I went so far a couple of years back to liken their prospective values to those of the late 60s-early 70s Mach I ... correlating the ~72,000 Mach Is built in '69 alone to the <12,000 1st generation Lightnings built in their three years of production.

I received some flames and was repeatedly reminded that, "they're just trucks a*shole", to which I vehemently replied, bul*sh*t!!

I agree...these trucks are special. Mine is bone stock, 59K miles on it now.

i paid 5500 for mine (in '09?) with 127,000 miles on it. its in better condition now but man the miles keep creeping up.

^must be hard coming on here and keaping your truck stock.

Not for me!! I learned a long time ago,that the only vehicles that are worth any real money down the road,are the ones that were never f@&ked with!

Last edited:
Prices have a way to go until current prices catch up to what I paid for mine NEW back in '93.....:tongue:

Back