GT40 Nitrous Plate?

Want to buy a used dry kit? Nos 05115 ? I’m telling you the dry kit will run circles around the wet kit on an efi truck

Want to buy a used dry kit? Nos 05115 ? I’m telling you the dry kit will run circles around the wet kit on an efi truck

My issue with the Dry is that I don't have tuning capability at this time. the Wet will supply the fuel needed and this particular kit supports 35 to 250whp. I like that range of flexibility. Not sure what the stock fuel system limits are but having that capability is pretty appealing. plus the simplistic install of just replacing the EGR plate seems awesome.

I do appreciate the input and the offer though!

My issue with the Dry is that I don't have tuning capability at this time. the Wet will supply the fuel needed and this particular kit supports 35 to 250whp. I like that range of flexibility. Not sure what the stock fuel system limits are but having that capability is pretty appealing. plus the simplistic install of just replacing the EGR plate seems awesome.

I do appreciate the input and the offer though!

There's nothing easier than installing a 5115 kit. You don't need tuning software to run it, you're misunderstanding the descriptions. The 5115 kit has a tee that runs over to your fuel pressure regulator and that raises your FP when you activate it IIRC. I ran one of these kits way back in 1995 right after I bought my truck. There wasn't much in the way of tuning back then.

The truck ended up going 13.01 or so around 100 MPH. 1.78 60' times with nothing more than that kit, some old 9" slicks, shorty headers, an air filter, and no cats. It needed more fuel pump as it was going lean at the big end.

There's nothing easier than installing a 5115 kit. You don't need tuning software to run it, you're misunderstanding the descriptions. The 5115 kit has a tee that runs over to your fuel pressure regulator and that raises your FP when you activate it. I ran one of these kits way back in 1995 right after I bought my truck. There wasn't much in the way of tuning back then.

The truck ended up going 13.01 or so around 100 MPH. 1.78 60' times with nothing more than that kit, some old 9" slicks, shorty headers, an air filter, and no cats. It needed more fuel pump as it was going lean at the big end.

AHH ok I gotcha... Im picking up what you're putting down.

So give me the advantages on the NOS Dry kit.... how much HP will it support? I want to get north of 200hp at some point.

AHH ok I gotcha... Im picking up what you're putting down.

So give me the advantages on the NOS Dry kit.... how much HP will it support? I want to get north of 200hp at some point.

I was running around a 125 shot or so, I think they'll support up to around 150. best to wait for Joe or someone else on confirmation, as you can see been a looooong time since I ran it. 200 is a lot though you'll def need an upgraded fuel system.

I was running around a 125 shot or so, I think they'll support up to around 150. best to wait for Joe or someone else on confirmation, as you can see been a looooong time since I ran it. 200 is a lot though you'll def need an upgraded fuel system.

10-4. Makes sense!

That's what's drawling me to the NX kit. 35-250whp is a very wide range to help me learn and progress as I get more familiar with running the truck on spray. I plan on doing the PIMPx eventually as well. but right now I figured I could play with this and get a little extra ummpphh out of the NA set up without upgrading the fuel pump... but still have room to grow in the future. Is that making sense?

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at your sig I do not see any fuel system upgrades.

just injectors at this time.

Ok so the question would be, will the stock pump hold up against my Mods AND a 125 shot? hmm. seems like a tall ask....
Could add an inline pump to come on when nitrous engages. Just like supercharger guys do with hobbs switches.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Could add an inline pump to come on when nitrous engages. Just like supercharger guys do with hobbs switches.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I have no qualms with upgrading the pump, I'm just curious what my limitations will be with the set up I have right now. I want to baby step this... If I gotta hook this up and run a 35-50 shot just to get the bugs out and understanding just for my own peace of mind, I'm completely fine with that.

I plan on doing a fuel pressure safety switch as well. I really don't wanna grenade this thing. hell i havent even got it back together with the damn Crank case issue yet LOL

I sprayed up to 175 with the dry kit without any nitrous specific tuning. But just a 125 shot will wake it up massively. Problem with wet kits is the upper intake is meant to flow air not fuel and it can cause distribution issues. I’ve burned up #3 cylinder twice now and I blame that on the wet set up. I went back to dry with the pimpXshift and no problems since. And I never had a single issue with the old dry kit. You can spray 200hp with it and the adjustable tee I have but you’ll probably need a 2nd pump to come on with the nitrous

I sprayed up to 175 with the dry kit without any nitrous specific tuning. But just a 125 shot will wake it up massively. Problem with wet kits is the upper intake is meant to flow air not fuel and it can cause distribution issues. I’ve burned up #3 cylinder twice now and I blame that on the wet set up. I went back to dry with the pimpXshift and no problems since. And I never had a single issue with the old dry kit. You can spray 200hp with it and the adjustable tee I have but you’ll probably need a 2nd pump to come on with the nitrous

How much were you spraying with the wet kit that cooked #3?

Joe hit the issue. The GT40 is designed to flow dry air, not air/liquid. I'd go dry kit or plate between the upper lower.

How much were you spraying with the wet kit that cooked #3?

150hp. Melted the exhaust valve the first time and burned a plug the 2nd time. Both times were #3. Plenty safe on timing. I’ve put 300hp through my bbf on 93 and never hurt anything so I have a pretty good idea what I’m doing.

150hp. Melted the exhaust valve the first time and burned a plug the 2nd time. Both times were #3. Plenty safe on timing. I’ve put 300hp through my bbf on 93 and never hurt anything so I have a pretty good idea what I’m doing.

Roger that! Yikes that’s where I want to be eventually... A little north actually. 200 shot.

So what would you recommend that would give me room to play from 50-200hp on a Dry set up?

Atomized (as opposed to vaporized) gasoline can't follow the same changes in direction in an individual runner EFI intake that a gas like nitrous can, and that leads to the distribution issues. Also, since the plenum on our intakes is a low pressure zone, it's also possible for the fuel to drop out of suspension in the plenum, which also leads to lean conditions AND the added possibility of an intake-side backfire causing an intake bomb.

In my opinion, with the GT40 (or any other EFI intake with a plenum), you either want to spray dry, or you want to use an individual runner plate system since that has a very low chance of there being a fueling problem.

Back