gen 1 turbo kit?

bigyj383

I see that most guys putting turbos on their gen 1 have made their own kit. Does anyone know of a bolt on kit? I read turbogumby's build and it seems he has a pts turbo kit but I cant seem to find one anywhere. I very interested in doing a turbo for my truck but don't have the fab skills to make headers and inter cooler pipes. Does anyone know where to get a pts kit? I think that I want to stick to a single turbo because I want to keep all the accessories in place, a/c is a necessity here in Houston.

pts is long out of business....i traded a vortech kit for that kit he has. it came from a guy who deceided to go way bigger on a build and never put the kit on the truck.

that explains why I cant find anything on pts turbo kits. I wonder if there are any more pts kits floating around. I would really like to get my hands on one of those kits.

i doubt it...alot of guys had issues witht them fitting correctly. best bet is to custom build you one.

If you can find a Pickrel set up buy it immediately, if not you are better of having a custom set up built.

you can try silver state motorsports for one. i talked to them awhile back about one for my truck. but one came up for sale local so i got it. do a search on here about them and use your own judgement if you want to deal with them on not.

I have been debating making copies of my kit with a few changes like bigger downpipe and clocking the turbo and 2 peice downpipe for easier plug changes! But dont know if enough peeps would be interested. I am not talking about starting a business or anything just a few hotside onlys!

I have (most of) a silverstates kit if you are interested. It has been modified to work with a Precesion GTS turbo. The only reason it is laying around is because I got a bug up my arse and put a GT47-88 on the truck. I have all the parts except for the crossover.

I know Dave Pickrel still has his fixtures for his turbo kit. IMHO that is the best kit to date. Dave needs to go to Ohio for a month and bang out a dozen or so kits, I think the interest is there now, or maybe someone can contact him to buy the fixtures and reman the kit.

I have been debating making copies of my kit with a few changes like bigger downpipe and clocking the turbo and 2 peice downpipe for easier plug changes! But dont know if enough peeps would be interested. I am not talking about starting a business or anything just a few hotside onlys!

If that falls through...
Ive been looking at the single turbo hot side kits for a foxbody, obviously the cross over would have to be lengthened but its a start. There are two different ones, one for $345, and another for $545. Personally id go bigger on the down pipe.
Hopefully someone will experiment.
Im curious to see if either kit would clear the powersteering pump or alternator depending on which kit.

I tried 3 different mustang kits on mine 2 single kits and 1 twin kit. The stang kits put the turbos on top of the inner fender well!!:bm:

Back