Ford Weekend in KC

Called KCIR - they are sending me a form to pre-register. So, you guys can also get one from them if you call, or go by there Wed or Fri. I won't be there till the 14th. I'll get there sometime mid-afternoon. Shawn, I may just go by Excessive on my way to KC. I didn't ask, but I wonder if you can pre-register at the gate on the 14th and get into T&T free? It'd be worth a call.

------------------
VJ Racing
Black 93 #3181
nloc 72
13.90@97.7

oh no. what have you done? are you ready to run. how bout friday we can also check on the pre register thing. call ya later..

------------------
Five0 Drw
nolc# 354
#63 "n" 95

I recieved my Pre-Entry form today from KCIR, and it says "Attend Friday Night Fun Drags FREE if pre-paid". Now, I have to decide what I'm registering for. Have we decided to enter the show and run in the show car bracket race? That's ok with me. Also, I can copy and fax you guys a form if you want it. Later.

------------------
VJ Racing
Black 93 #3181
nloc 72
13.90@97.7

vern think it was trophy $25 or was it show $20 cant remember. what do you think? i will call them for a pre form or did you e-mail?

------------------
Five0 Drw
nolc# 354
#63 "n" 95

I called. They can either mail or fax you a form. As far as racing, I don't have a preference, I just wanna race! So, just need to know what class to register for, and then get it in the mail. Guys, what do you think?
Trophy is $25, show is $20.

------------------
VJ Racing
Black 93 #3181
nloc 72
13.90@97.7

Guys I would rather run in the show class that trophy class gets real big. But if you guys would rather run in the trophy class I will to. Just let me know. Donald can't this week, it will be ready the Fri. before the Ford Fun Days. Just done a little here and there. But I do want to run that Friday night, call me.

Shawn

Hello,

I've been eves-dropping on you L owners' discussion about the KCIR event. I've got a '99 Lariat that probably weighs every bit of 5500 pounds, but I'd love to join you guys in the show part, watch your L's smoke the crap out of everybody, and maybe see what my Lariat can crank out for an ET for shits and grins. My only excuse (besides the Lariat) is that I'm currently saving for a 2003 Lightning. The Lariat will be paid for by then. So I don't qualify as a Lightning owner, just a future owner. I can't make it Sunday because of a prior commitment, though. Any opinions?

------------------
1999 F150 4X4 SuperCab Lariat Flareside 5.4; Auto, Offroad Pack, 3.73LS, Factory Step Bars,
17" Chrome Wheels, White/Silver, Graphite Leather, SuperChip, ARE Bed Cover,
Alpine CDA-D855/JBL AMP, Polk dX7's, K&N Filter, Custom cat-back exhaust.

Hello,

I've been eves-dropping on you L owners' discussion about the KCIR event. I've got a '99 Lariat that probably weighs every bit of 5500 pounds, but I'd love to join you guys in the show part, watch your L's smoke the crap out of everybody, and maybe see what my Lariat can crank out for an ET for shits and grins. My only excuse (besides the Lariat) is that I'm currently saving for a 2003 Lightning. The Lariat will be paid for by then. So I don't qualify as a Lightning owner, just a future owner. I can't make it Sunday because of a prior commitment, though. Any opinions?

------------------
1999 F150 4X4 SuperCab Lariat Flareside 5.4; Auto, Offroad Pack, 3.73LS, Factory Step Bars,
17" Chrome Wheels, White/Silver, Graphite Leather, SuperChip, ARE Bed Cover,
Alpine CDA-D855/JBL AMP, Polk dX7's, K&N Filter, Custom cat-back exhaust.

lets do the show thing. vern fax me out one of those pre forms i will e-mail you the fax number. so friday 14 6:30 for everyone for test and tune then a couple of cold one's afterwards. kool i can get all of my honeydo's done by then. shawn i have a question for ya. need to fix something.

------------------
Five0 Drw
nolc# 354
#63 "n" 95

[This message has been edited by five0drw (edited 07-06-2000).]

Knowing that some of you would like to pre-pay for your registration to be able to get into the Friday drags for free, I did what KCIR should have done - I posted the Pre-Entry Form on the web. I couldn't do an Acrobat file, so I just scanned it and posted it as a jpeg, so it's not quite as clear as it should be, but it should work! The direct url to the form is: http://www.tranquility.net/~litning/kcirprereg.html
You should be able to just print it from your browser. If anybody wants me to email them a pdf file instead, I can do that too. Let me know.

------------------
VJ Racing
Black 93 #3181
nloc 72
13.90@97.7

Hi all,
well I thought it was about time to join in also with a username since watching on the sideline is old. I do know one in here, Roger, and in fact we first met at last years Ford day at KCIR. Then coincidence comes around and see him running his Lightning at the SCCA type roadcourse set up at the Woodlands last weekend. Roger your Lightning looked awesome going around the course! He actually had a better lap time then a new Corvette until the last try for the guy. Well just wanted to say I want to do more this time than just show which I did last year and even got one of the top 50 plaques. I also am pretty sure I got one of my co-workers for sure to go who has a silver 2000 Lightning and he has a heavier leadfoot than me! Can't wait for this event and to meet some of you !
I even saw you Rhino man last year and talked to you for a quick spell while in the staging lanes. Better cut this off and stop wasting bandwith so see you all out there.
P.S.- I guess the Johnson County Library IS good for something since I'm using their computer to type this message after my computer crashed and burned.
smile.gif

------------------
99 Lightning-no mods yet but PSP products in the future
97 Probe GT- stock

Ya I remember talking to you, are you going to race the lightning this year? Hope you do, the more the better. At least this way they might make a class for us next year! See you there.
Oh by the way if you do we are entering in the show car bracket race.

Shawn

OK, guys and gals, I uploaded the Acrobat pdf file with the jpeg file of the Fabulous Ford Weekend Pre-Paid Entry Form. It's linked from the jpeg page. It'll be bigger and much clearer, but take longer to download. To get to either one, go to
http://www.tranquility.net/~litning/kcir.html

See you there.

------------------
VJ Racing
Black 93 #3181
nloc 72
13.90@97.7

[This message has been edited by Vern (edited 07-08-2000).]

Hey guys,

Now I'm seeing all the posts. I don't know if IE was caching this page and not refreshing or what, but seems fine now. I'll get the entry form and send it in, and see you all out there.

Ron

Hi Troy (kcstorm)! Sorry for the real late reply; I've been out of town on vacation.

The SCCA deal was a real blast. I most definately plan on doing that again. I got just as much kick out of the announcer as I did running the gauntlet. I think he was enjoying a pickup truck staying in the hunt so-to-speak. Especially when he said "Everyone needs a 360+ horsepower pickup truck"...had to give him the thumbs-up on that one <g>. Someone told me I had better times than a couple of 928's there also; do you remember if that was true?

I spent some of my vacation time up in the Detroit area and ran the truck at a dumpy little dragstrip called Lapeer. Almost more snowmobiles than autos, but had some good air and posted a few decent times (13.56 @104.90 w/5.03 RT). My main limiting factor is I absolutely, positively could not hook. Even with M/T ET Streets my best 60' was 2.1x. Much work to do there. Oh yeah, that was with my PSP chip in street mode. I couldn't see the reason to add even more power when chasing traction problems.

Anyway, glad to hear you're coming out this weekend Troy. I think Lane is bringing his Cobra and I think there may be a few more L's there from work (if they remember -- we've been off on vacation for almost two weeks).

Show up at the next SCCA/Crown event and I'll have my 8mm camera there taping sessions. Just bring an 8mm VHS tape and I'll tape your 4 runs (as long as we're in different heats).

Vern,

Are we still planning on meeting at the Howard Johnsons on Saturday morning and heading down to the track from there (and if so at what time)? I'm going to drive down Saturday morning but unfortunately I'm going to have to head home that night.

Scott
99' Lightning

I'm hoping that they will let me put up my canopy on Fri night wherever the car show vehicles will be. If not, I need to get there asap on Sat morning. The gates open at 9 am. It's about 10 minutes, if that, from the hotel to the track. Tell you what - I'll plan on leaving Country Kitchen (right in front of HoJos) no later than 8:30. Whoever is there, we go together. If not, we'll see you there. For those who don't know, my truck is a Black 93, MO plates "GREEST".

------------------
VJ Racing
Black 93 #3181
nloc 72
13.90@97.7

Vern: Thanks to you posting the pre-entry I dropped mine by Wed evening. Will see you and everyone else Friday evening...

Back