Ford Weekend in KC

V

Vern

NOTICE: Fabulous Ford Weekend at KCIR, July 15 & 16. Show, racing, cruise Sat night. I'll be there. Let's get a show of Lightnings! Donald, you can bring your Mustang, too.
wink.gif

------------------
VJ Racing
Black 93 #3181
nloc 72
13.90@97.7

Hey Vern the sheet that I have must not be up to date. Let me know what the weekend plan is for this event.

Shawn

Sounds like a winner to me...is there any kind of pre-entry needed?

sounds good to me. hope the stang will be ready. sent the intake off to NOS so they can put the dual foggers and 4 purges on should look kool any way. been doing little fix up's to the truck. lets get a plan togather.

------------------
Five0 Drw

Hey five0drw: I plan on being there this Wed for a little r&r (racin & relax'n) <g>. At the moment the weather channel is quoting a high of 83 and partly cloudy for Wednesday.

A friend of mine just got a white G2, but he's already taken it back to Michigan....so he'll probably be there flogging his rental <g>.

Roger, I might be able to make it out there Wednesday night. Not 100% yet, but I will try depends on what time I leave work. If I do make it out there I will be in a white 94 the says RhinoRacing across the windshield.

Shawn

This is a schedule from KCIR showing the events and time for that weekend.

Saturday, July 15
9am Gates open
10am Showroom Showdown
10am-2:30pm Qualifying, Time Trails
3pm Ford vs World
5pm-9pm Cruise at Fuddruckers

Sunday, July 16
9am Gates Open
10am Show Judging
10am Time Trials
1pm Burnout Contest
1:30pm Show Awards
2pm Swimsuit Contest
2:30pm Eliminations

Vern I talked to Joel at Excessive Motorsports today they are one of the sponcers, he said he will pass on a message that there is a interest in a Lightning class. I do not know if it will help but I tried. I think the best class, for us would be the show class it only cost $20.00 to enter and that is for the show and the bracket race. Where as if we race in Trophy class it will cost $25.

Shawn

so it look's one one day of racing and one day to cruz that is fine with me. are we going to cruz in a pack. lets race in show and shine they will think that truck's that look that good can only show and have no go. boy do we have a surprise for them.
smile.gif

------------------
Five0 Drw
nolc# 354
#63 "n" 95

Hey, Donald, I like the sound of that. Let's do it!

------------------
VJ Racing
Black 93 #3181
nloc 72
13.90@97.7

Hey, have you guys seen the ad in Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords for the KCIR Fabulous Ford Weekend? They say pre-paid entries get a discount AND FREE ENTRY FOR FRIDAY NIGHT RACING! As I had planned to come over on Friday anyway, this is great. However, how do you pre-register? Hmm, have to check on that. Shawn, I also emailed KCIR to ask about a truck class, as it looks like all the other classes are the same as NMRA rules. So, it looks like we'll be doing the show & race thing.

------------------
VJ Racing
Black 93 #3181
nloc 72
13.90@97.7

anything on the pre register thing? you can contact mitch or jowell @ 816 224 8849 to see what this is all about i havent seen a thing about it. i have tried to call them but cant reach them.

------------------
Five0 Drw
nolc# 354
#63 "n" 95

If you MLO guys don't mind having a Husker tag along, I'll be able to make it down from Omaha for Saturdays events and possibly for Sundays as well. Let me know when/where you're planning on meeting and I'll be there.

I haven't been to KCIR before so if you could send me some directions (I'll be coming down on I-29) I'd appreciate it. My e-mail is bagnell@earthlink.net.

Thanks and hope to see you there,

Scott
99' Lightning

Hey Scott, glad to have you. Can I add you to the MLO list that I'm compiling? Probably the easiest way for you to get to KCIR for you would be to get on I-435E from I-29 (close to airport), and take that to I-70E, then get off I-70 at Noland Rd. (Exit 12). The track is about 5 miles south on Noland Rd. Donald or Shawn can correct me if that's not the best way to go. BTW guys, I'll be over on Fri afternoon and staying at the Howard Johnsons at I-70 and Noland Rd. Would you like to meet there, and then head down to KCIR?

------------------
VJ Racing
Black 93 #3181
nloc 72
13.90@97.7

you betcha. that will be the best stright shot only have to change high way 2 times.
if we keep this up they might have to make a class for us. there is a group that usually comes from omaha hp motorsports. brian has a wht 95 and vern has a red 99. they are both mustang guy's and use the trucks as tow trucks. they alway's mske the tripp to kc for this race. we could talk them into the lightining cruse.

------------------
Five0 Drw
nolc# 354
#63 "n" 95

[This message has been edited by five0drw (edited 06-29-2000).]

Vern,

Thanks for the directions. That would be great if you could add me to the MLO list that you're compiling. I'll be coming down early Saturday morning and should be able to meet you at the Howard Johnsons and head down to KCIR from there if thats what you decide to do.

Take Care,

Scott
99'Lightning

Vern, My wife and I have reservations at Ho Jos for Saturday nite, we will be driving up Sat morning. Look forward to meeting everyone. Don Parker

that sounds great looks like we will meet at howard johnson sat. vern is that ok i can get my buddie said he will bring both of his ls both black one gen 1 and 1 gen 2. watch out there are 2 donald's....
what about friday?
------------------
Five0 Drw
nolc# 354
#63 "n" 95

[This message has been edited by five0drw (edited 06-30-2000).]

Alright! Looks like this thing is really starting to come together. Friday nite can be a T&T night (free?) and/or a MLO get together. Cool. I say we go whip up on some brand x's Fri for a couple of hours, then head somewhere for a brew. How about it?
biggrin.gif

------------------
VJ Racing
Black 93 #3181
nloc 72
13.90@97.7

Hey Vern did anyone ever find out how we preregister. Also I took a vacation day that Friday so let me know when you are going to be in town.

Shawn

what up guy's back from a weekend of racing went to springfield. did pretty good got runner up in pro outlaw. saw a few gen 1 guy's one said he would like to do the cruse and race thing so add one more this guy was at wfc he put me out he is from kansas black 93 what time friday 14 6:30 at kcir for a little t & t?

------------------
Five0 Drw
nolc# 354
#63 "n" 95

Back