Ad Expired: For sale 95 black lightning #1123/2280

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob516

Looking to sell my lightning. Has 78100 mile. Hasn't been on the road or started in 9 years. Sat at my fathers house on gravel :( When I tried to start it 7 years ago wouldn't start with a new battery. Wouldn't even crank. Pointed to a starter. I just didn't have time to mess with it due to my house being wrecked multiple times with hurricanes. Maybe it's a good thing it didn't start cause woulda been salavaged if I brought it home. I haven't washed this truck in 9 plus years or cleaned it up to sell. Pictures are how it's been since last time It was. Before it either turns into a flower pot or pushed into my garage to be forgotten about. I'm considering selling it. 4K neg

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3858.jpg
    IMG_3858.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_3861.jpg
    IMG_3861.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_3844.jpg
    IMG_3844.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_3866.jpg
    IMG_3866.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 210
On a I pad can't figure out how to post more pics... think I reached my max limit. I can text over pictures. This site has restrictions I'm guessing or its my I pad :mad:

Last edited:
Thanks guys!!!! Now I can post some pics .

20aed43728a81f27af27e88f9537eae0.jpg

033eb6afd3db6f8b4d77bdeadb4bb0b3.jpg

1bb3faa0b55907cd4dc4bd399310b40b.jpg

d1454772d22091887c47af28f802a969.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm kinda surprised this post isn't getting more attention. It's a 95. It has extremely low mileage. It's unmolested, although I see the conical air filter, MSD distributor, and solid rear window so someone had a little fun with it. It has minimal rust considering it is a 22 year old truck that has lived its life on Long Island. Can someone please buy it before I do?

I'm kinda surprised this post isn't getting more attention. It's a 95. It has extremely low mileage. It's unmolested, although I see the conical air filter, MSD distributor, and solid rear window so someone had a little fun with it. It has minimal rust considering it is a 22 year old truck that has lived its life on Long Island. Can someone please buy it before I do?

Are you looking at the same pictures that I'm looking at? If you call that minimal rust I hate to see what you consider fully rusted...

Are you looking at the same pictures that I'm looking at? If you call that minimal rust I hate to see what you consider fully rusted...

This. I saw 78k miles and was hopeful. Then I saw the pics. Lots of rust, parts missing (rear tank and AC clutch plate on first glance, likely more), probably needs thousands in work just to get it running and safe to drive. It would be a better investment to spend twice as much on a running driving truck.

This. I saw 78k miles and was hopeful. Then I saw the pics. Lots of rust, parts missing (rear tank and AC clutch plate on first glance, likely more), probably needs thousands in work just to get it running and safe to drive. It would be a better investment to spend twice as much on a running driving truck.

Just the rear tank missing and a/c didn't work years ago soo I messed with it. I took the rear tank out cause it was leaking . Nothing else missing. Just sat on gravel which caused the rust. Never said it was a show truck. Has viper alarm system and flip out tv in dash. Don't think it will cost thousands to get running. If it don't sell il prolly get it running. Bought kooks long tube headers to rebuild the exhaust system. Might just throw thoses in also on the sale of the truck if someone is interested IMG_3879.jpg

What a shame. Sorry for your bad luck with the hurricanes, vehicles sitting for almost a decade out in the weather is just bad news for potential buyers, your honesty is to be commended. Someone who doesnt mind doing some work could be a good project at the right price.

If it gets no attention for a while and I decide not to get it running il make a awsome deal

What a shame. Sorry for your bad luck with the hurricanes, vehicles sitting for almost a decade out in the weather is just bad news for potential buyers, your honesty is to be commended. Someone who doesnt mind doing some work could be a good project at the right price.

Thank u sir . I'm willing to negotiate. Haven't been thrown ne offers. I know I could strip this thing down and make money on parts but would like to see it go to a true lightning owner in one piece. I have 6 buddies on Long Island that have gen 2s . There all waiting for me to give them the truck. I could blast the bottom and clean everything up but don't have the time ATM. Still rebuilding my house from 4 years ago. I believe in being honest. Cause things come back around

.....Don't think it will cost thousands to get running.....

I didn't say it would cost thousands to get it running. I said it probably needs thousands to get it running and safe to drive, meaning it won't cause an accident and you won't have to worry too much about it leaving you stranded somewhere. I know thousands sounds like a lot, but it doesn't take long to get there. Let's say it's pretty cheap to just make it run and that costs you $200. That's not bad. To make it realistically driveable you are also going to need a ton of other stuff. Tires, shocks, front end checked, fluids changed, belts, hoses, brakes checked, fuel drained and replaced, fuel filter, etc. We're over $1000 already if you do it all yourself. That doesn't even include replacing things like the radiator, heater core, water pump, alternator, accessory pulleys/tensioner, P/S pump and steering box that have just been sitting there for 9 years and are just as likely to be bad as they are to be good. There's another $1000 and we're still assuming the trans still works after sitting all this time. If it needs gone through there's another $2000. And we aren't even into the rear tank or A/C yet. It won't be hard to spend another $1000 there. That's $5000 and there are still a lot of things that are commonly wrong with vehicles like this like the engine, wiring and brake lines.

I'm not trying to be a jerk and I mean no disrespect. You are trying to be honest with potential buyers, but you also need to be honest with yourself about the condition of the truck. If one of my customers had driven that truck in for a pre purchase inspection in the condition it is in I would describe it with two words: money pit. There are running and driving trucks available at your price. Not too long ago there was a running truck in comparable condition to yours listed here for $2500 and it didn't sell. Yes, the mileage was higher but in this condition the mileage doesn't matter. If I were you, I'd keep it and fix it myself.

I didn't say it would cost thousands to get it running. I said it probably needs thousands to get it running and safe to drive, meaning it won't cause an accident and you won't have to worry too much about it leaving you stranded somewhere. I know thousands sounds like a lot, but it doesn't take long to get there. Let's say it's pretty cheap to just make it run and that costs you $200. That's not bad. To make it realistically driveable you are also going to need a ton of other stuff. Tires, shocks, front end checked, fluids changed, belts, hoses, brakes checked, fuel drained and replaced, fuel filter, etc. We're over $1000 already if you do it all yourself. That doesn't even include replacing things like the radiator, heater core, water pump, alternator, accessory pulleys/tensioner, P/S pump and steering box that have just been sitting there for 9 years and are just as likely to be bad as they are to be good. There's another $1000 and we're still assuming the trans still works after sitting all this time. If it needs gone through there's another $2000. And we aren't even into the rear tank or A/C yet. It won't be hard to spend another $1000 there. That's $5000 and there are still a lot of things that are commonly wrong with vehicles like this like the engine, wiring and brake lines.

I'm not trying to be a jerk and I mean no disrespect. You are trying to be honest with potential buyers, but you also need to be honest with yourself about the condition of the truck. If one of my customers had driven that truck in for a pre purchase inspection in the condition it is in I would describe it with two words: money pit. There are running and driving trucks available at your price. Not too long ago there was a running truck in comparable condition to yours listed here for $2500 and it didn't sell. Yes, the mileage was higher but in this condition the mileage doesn't matter. If I were you, I'd keep it and fix it myself.

Hmmm looks like 7k in repair to get my truck safe on the road with a/c after sitting for 9 years. Interesting!!!!!

Neone that bought my truck is gonna rip it apart neway or maybe not. I could tare the inside apart since it's mint and prolly make 1500$ easy. Not gonna go on the rest with numbers.

Hmmmm pretty insulated to be honest. But that's fine. Hey I expected this on nloc. I was a member for a short time. Everyone values there truck for more then it's worth I guess. But I said the price is negotiable and if your not interested I Dono why your posting on my post??? I came into this being honest. I coulda cleaned the truck up. Put a clutch on the a/c and put a new gas tank in and power beaded the under chassis. Cleaned the whole motor up and had it running. But read the first post I made. I'm not gonna respond to nemore of ya posts. And if nloc takes this down fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back