Fed up !

Not worth the hassle??? Are you serious?A stock truck,slap on a blower and tune it,then go kill some gen2's.....Not to mention a bottom end that can handle more than 450hp and still get better fuel mileage.

You can pick up a 2012 STX F150 with the 5.0 for under 30k and another 6k in mods and your not only busting 11's your running faster then any stock L for the same price as our L's sold brand new for. Plus the motor will handle more then our 450hp rods.

I get what your are both saying, but realistically most of us don't have "disposable" income to put into a truck like that in order to thrash it at the track. Main point being I could take my stock to lightly modded Lighting to the track and thrash it while maintaining a warranty. You get a new stock F-150, slap a blower on it and throw a rod or mess something up on it and tell me where that will get you with Ford.

And none of those would have "killed" my L, my bottom end handled well over 450 rwhp daily on my street tune.

I get what your are both saying, but realistically most of us don't have "disposable" income to put into a truck like that in order to thrash it at the track. Main point being I could take my stock to lightly modded Lighting to the track and thrash it while maintaining a warranty. You get a new stock F-150, slap a blower on it and throw a rod or mess something up on it and tell me where that will get you with Ford.

And none of those would have "killed" my L, my bottom end handled well over 450 rwhp daily on my street tune.

I don't have disposable income to just play around with either. However I'm just looking at this as bang for buck. Since a GEN 3 if built would be over 40k new.
And on a GEN 3 anything aftermarket would kill that warranty. Look at the BOSS 302. Track key option from what I remember kills the warranty completely or a major chunk of it, and it's dealer installed. Warranty's are a lot stricter on mods and racing then 10 years ago.

Last edited:
I'm guessing you guys havent seen the 5.0 rcsb 2wd trucks JLP has been working on??? I'll take one of those over a 99-04 lightning ANYDAY! Just in case you havent seem them how does 7.30's and 11.50's sound with just a blower,tune,and exhaust at nearly 5000lbs???

There you go, looks like you found your Gen III lightning. Why do you need Ford to make one? Hell, it sounds cheaper too.

Dodge came out with a Mopar approved bolt-on suspension kit to compete with the Raptor (as a matter of fact, I would say it's more capable and quite possible a stronger kit than what comes on the Raptor). Do you know how many people are buying that? Nobody. The kind of owners who go around seriously tinkering with their trucks, especially when they came out brand new, is the same percentage who would consider buying such a truck in the first place, not that many. Ford, let alone any of the other truck manufacturers, aren't seeing the numbers, no matter how loud the minority's crying.

The SC 5.0 F150? JLP has tuned a couple now. I don't think those guys are members here, they are on another site though. Can't say what site or PM it due ban happy people as of lately.

Thats weird! For telling us the site?!

I dont think we are asking for a performance truck. Just askin for a reg cap short box ecoboost. What good reason does ford have for putting it in long bed reg cab but not a short bed. I personally will never ever own a chevy or dodge and damn sure will never own a toyota. A reg cab short box ecoboost truck would be a usefull and marketable truck for work and performance as well. Dodge is seelling reg cab short box hemi truck like wildfire. Let it be known i am not sayin i am gonna buy one just sayin there is a market for it..

I went look into getting a run around truck that can carry a few loads if need be for my businesses and ran into the same problem.......only supercrews are available for the ecoboost platform! Eeeesshhh! I'm over here waiting for ford to announce the ecoboost in the 2door Raptor, I'm a family man and still think the 2doors all I need besides, the Raptor just looks so ugly in 4door. It's the same size as my ford Harley so....

I have said it before....Ford will not build the Lightning as long as the Raptor sells, and when the Raptor stops selling Ford will assume that the sport truck market is dead. I just don't see it happening, look back in history the Shelby Mustangs of the late 60s, Ford kept making them heavier, putting more **** on them as sales were declining. Let's look at the Mustang II (need I say more?), OK lets look at the fox platform mustangs (1979-1993), the consumer market begged, screamed, and prayed for Ford to put a 351 in one and Ford was deaf, that platform was replaced by a gutless mod motor (sorry but it was in stock form); they tried to kill off the Fox platform earlier that that and replace it with the PROBE--morons. "Let's replace our performance icon with a vehicle that brings to mind alien abduction and forced rectal data gathering." I hope the group of people that came up with that idea were surgicaly sterilized.

Now they are hot and heavy pimping ol' Carrol's name and asking north of $62K for a damn Mustang, REALLY?!!

One would think that most of the decision makers at Ford don't give a rat's pink *** about performance (read as speed, power, handling, and making it available to the average consumer); it seems that they are all consumed with making cars run off of wind or bird **** or somethin' equally as cheap and abundant, and keeping the planet green. Hey environmentalist, anything you intorduce into an ecosystem has negative effects!! OH, wait who pays YOU, who funds your research--can't bite the hand that feeds now can you (we)?

Hell, the planet hadn't been green since someone discovered fire, and add about 20 bajillion people to that over the span of a few thousand years and explain to me how FORCING me to run all of my internal combustion engines off of a blend of dino fuel and corn juice, which by the way screws up the fuel delivery system on ANYTHING that it is used in, is saving the planet?

I digress....sorry. I just don't see a GenIII Lighting, I wanted one too, but when I totaled my GEN I back in '09, I waited as long as I could and my Sonic '03 was just too good of a deal to pass on. It looks great, runs great, makes 500hp, plasters a smile on my face daily and it makes a great noise....
Best comment on this thread thank you I couldn't of said better myself..(other that I own a silver L and I didn't have a gen 1)

You can get ecoboost in the reg ext cab (has swing out lil doors) not just the 4 dr cab. I know this as I test drove one awhile back. Wife n I were considering one but have decided to keep the ol 95 F150 in lieu of the big ol monthly payment. The savings in fuel wouldnt come close to making it a wise move no pymmts ftw

If they do make one, let it be something really honestly outlandish and awsome, say the developed but yet to be produced 7.0litre engine worked out for the raptor race truck, it made an astonishing over 800HP with-out being assisted. Search the web fot it, it is from the 6.2 platform. I feel the governement's previous crazy-eyed increases of the coprate fuel milages demands will effect all of the future productions, as the mustang will continue to be the performance standard, trucks meeting the 29mpg orders will surely be v-6 paperboxes, hence the predicted f-100, not for a hotrod, but for ford's "colorado" equivilent. Sad things especially sinc nothing this current administration has touched has not turned to complete sh*t. Free volts for the masses! I am so proud and glad Ford did not go the bailout route, for countless reasons.

Sorry Ford !

Problem solved, I bought a Dodge ram R/T standard cab short bed 390 H.P. runs nice fits in my garage & suits my purposes just fine.

You can pick up a 2012 STX F150 with the 5.0 for under 30k and another 6k in mods and your not only busting 11's your running faster then any stock L for the same price as our L's sold brand new for. Plus the motor will handle more then our 450hp rods.

I'm not sure where those numbers came from, but my L brand new was $28k. For $8k I'm pretty sure I could put it in the 11s, plus it would still handle well and not be as well equipped as the L was.

Tell me about, they even tossed out one of their own mods over posting the site.

It's worse than that. He didn't even post the site, he linked to a GP that one of the supporting vendors here had also advertised on the other site.

I'm not sure where those numbers came from, but my L brand new was $28k. For $8k I'm pretty sure I could put it in the 11s

And wait for the vented block mod!:eek:ldtu:The truck I first mentioned in this thread has gone 11.20's@121.Ain't no stock bottom end 5.4 2v doing that!

Problem solved, I bought a Dodge ram R/T standard cab short bed 390 H.P. runs nice fits in my garage & suits my purposes just fine.

congratulations! Could be worse,you could've bought one of those f--cking hideous looking new silveradoes!

I'm not sure where those numbers came from, but my L brand new was $28k. For $8k I'm pretty sure I could put it in the 11s, plus it would still handle well and not be as well equipped as the L was.

My L brand new was 37K. Got the window sticker around here somewhere.

WOW,I did'nt think they were that high!!!:scared1: A friend of mine bought his 03 lightning in december 03 and I think he got it for around $32k,I can't say for sure though.I remember looking at a new 02 HD truck in early 03 and it was on sale for $35k.

And wait for the vented block mod!:eek:ldtu:The truck I first mentioned in this thread has gone 11.20's@121.Ain't no stock bottom end 5.4 2v doing that!

For $8k I can fix that. Not a problem. A set of rods is about $600 and I won't be far from them doing the rest of the stuff. The only thing I couldn't do with that budget is the transmission, and that may be possible too if it wasn't hired out.

If you paid $37k you were robbed. Sticker on an 01 was $32460 and they didn't go up $5k in two years.

Back