Fed up !

2012 F150 STX short bed standard cab with the 5.0 /3:55 gears/6 speed auto, you'll be surprised how fast it is.

I just ordered my race red Raptor SCAB after realizing ford will never offer one in ecoboost although, I dont think I can let my manly hood down enough to drive a V6 anyways.

You can pick up a 2012 STX F150 with the 5.0 for under 30k and another 6k in mods and your not only busting 11's your running faster then any stock L for the same price as our L's sold brand new for. Plus the motor will handle more then our 450hp rods.

Thats exactly what I did. I liked my '95 L but this truck is much better in every way. Paid $24k brand new with 26 miles on it. I don't plan on putting the Roush TVS on it though. I want to do more like the gen1s. Parts listed in sig. I still haven't decided on heads, cams, and any exterior mods. Probably going to wait on heads/cams until there are more miles on it and one of the local tuners has worked with the 5.0 coyote more.

edit -

What the crap? My signature isnt showing up. Well, it should show -

2012 Ford F-150 STX 5.0, so far only replaced the muffler. Still waiting to get the chance to install my Boss intake, aFe CAI, 2/3 drop, traction bars, 4.10 gears, 5Star tune, and some stereo stuff. New version of the '95 L I used to have.

Last edited:
I pickup my new 2013 STX Regular cab 5.0 on Monday. Truth be told, bone stock it will run near stock gen 2 Lightning times. It would do it with just a tune. The 5.0 is said to handle 800HP without changes. A few bolt ons can yield low 13's and still get 20 MPG on the highway. For those itching for a gen 3 lightning, this is as close as you will find. Ford inadvertently made a "build it yourself" Lightning. JL built one still running stock engine & drivetrain that ran 12.2 (blower, exhaust, traction, etc.)
Mine has all options, and I'm paying $24,175, plus getting a $1,000 prepaid Mastercard as a bonus! The 5.0 is pretty sweet, and is 360 HP stock. LOTS of potential though.....

I pickup my new 2013 STX Regular cab 5.0 on Monday. Truth be told, bone stock it will run near stock gen 2 Lightning times. It would do it with just a tune. The 5.0 is said to handle 800HP without changes. A few bolt ons can yield low 13's and still get 20 MPG on the highway. For those itching for a gen 3 lightning, this is as close as you will find. Ford inadvertently made a "build it yourself" Lightning. JL built one still running stock engine & drivetrain that ran 12.2 (blower, exhaust, traction, etc.)
Mine has all options, and I'm paying $24,175, plus getting a $1,000 prepaid Mastercard as a bonus! The 5.0 is pretty sweet, and is 360 HP stock. LOTS of potential though.....

Congrats!! You will love the truck, much better than any Dodge. STX reg cab is the way to go. Hopefully the aftermarket for the trucks with a coyote picks up a little more than it has. Only one choice for a blower and turbos are still BYO. Keep us updated on what you decide to do.

2012 Ford F-150 STX 5.0, so far replaced the muffler, running a 5 Star 91 tune, aFe CAI, 3/3 drop, and some stereo stuff. Should have Boss intake, 4.10 gears, and traction bars soon. New version of the '95 Lightning I used to have.

I also, started ordering everything I need to add a single turbo. 5.0L ecoBoss sounded fun.

Last edited:
The 5.0 is said to handle 800HP without changes. A few bolt ons can yield low 13's and still get 20 MPG on the highway.
This true I have a friend with a Boss that has a kb mammoth with no motor mods puts down over 800 n she just ran 201 in it at the Texas mile with no tape n no suspension mods just speed rated tires on stock boss wheels. The new 5.0 is a sweet piece for sure. Pulls down over 23mpg still as well

Here's my new RCSB STX.
030.jpg

032-1.jpg

Back