Engine compartment detailing

Hey show-goers, got a question for ya's. How do you detail your engine compartments? I rarely drive my truck in the rain, so I've never really had to spend much time getting it to look good under there. On my ATV's and dirtbikes I completely cover them from top to bottom with Stoner aerosol tire shine and it makes them look like they just came off the showroom floor. I'm wondering if this aerosol would harm anything under my hood though? Any thoughts or suggestions from you pros?

Thanks,
Rickyracer

I take tire foam and spray it on a rag and wipe everything off that is rubber or plastic. Of coarse this is after the engine is cleaned with simple green and washed.
47b3d822b3127cce88aa297da6530000003610

47b3d822b3127cce88aa2960277e0000003610

have you thought about trying to take your blower off and polish it, that is the only part of your truck that looks unmodified

I have a plan for it but just haven't implemented it yet. I will post pics when done.:tu:
And thanks for the compliments guys.:dp:

danoid5631 said:
I take tire foam and spray it on a rag and wipe everything off that is rubber or plastic. Of coarse this is after the engine is cleaned with simple green and washed.
47b3d822b3127cce88aa297da6530000003610

47b3d822b3127cce88aa2960277e0000003610

Now that is what I call clean!!!:hail:

Hey Danoid.

Sweet goodies under the hood:dp:

2 Q's for ya:

What paint did you use for the blower? (2-part epoxy?)

And: Does the tire foam attract dust and turn into goo?

Very classy color scheme! ;d

Its basecoat clearcoat same as the exterior. No the tire foam does not that is why I use it. Just spray some on a rag and work it into the rag. Then just rub it on whatever you want. I do the same for the interior as well.:tu:

Thanks!
One more question: Where can I get a windshiled banner like yours?
I've always loved the simple SVT logo. ;t

No No, you do it all wrong dont even mess around now, just pull the motor and clean paint then dont ever drive it:D . No Im just joking but thats probably what Ill end up doing:) .

simple green and spray the heck out of it, i have been doing it for 10 years now, no problems, afterwards spray it down while it is wet with amoral and dry everything real good. i get compliments all the time on how clean and new it looks. i use to live in san mateo/foster city.

I recently did a search regarding engine detailing and it made me very hesitant to spray water on my engine. Seems it is pretty common for water to run down into the spark plug holes and puddle in there causing some ignition problems. Any truth to this?

Back