Engine compartment detailing

If you do not have the 7mm bolt tight on top of the coil yes it will get into it. You dont have to saturate that area. I have never had it happen to me and I wash mine about twice amonth.

Ok, cool, coming from you that makes me feel better. Maybe I'll give your technique a try. Thanks!

:tu:

I wash my motor down once a week when i wash my truck and have never ran into a problem with water getting into the spark plug holes.

How do you get rid of small rust spots, for instance, like on the bolts holding on the blower pulley? What spray? (No paint)

I have a bottle of black touch up paint and just brush touch it. It is best to use a satin finish because the gloss shows the brush strokes.

svtruck said:
Ok, cool, coming from you that makes me feel better. Maybe I'll give your technique a try. Thanks!

:tu:

I don't spray my engine bay anymore. I did it for about three months and then one of my coil packs went back. Cost me $200 buck to find out which one and then get it replaced. A lot of people us a leaf blower and just wipe the engine down. No direct spray on the engine. I guess you could use plastic to cover the coil packs. Just my 02

I doubt that is why the pack went out. IMO
Ive been spraying mine for about 3 and a half years now and I am still on the orig coil packs. I do it about once to twice a month. Everytime I wash the truck.

Simple green full strength keeping it wet for about five minutes, Rinse with a hose, while wet Armour all. Wait a few minutes and use a leaf blower, Towel dry Billet and chrome.

does anyone know the name of that stuff you spray on polished aluminum to keep it looking nice? it's some sort of sealer that's kinda like clearcoat.

that was the product i was thinking about, thanks. don't know why i thought it was a spray. do you think this will hold up to the heat that a supercharger is exposed to? i've got a polished eaton i'll be installing soon and thought this would save some time and labor later on.

18120800.jpg

P1030618.jpg

Yep, no problems here...

if it's really dirty, i use simple green and hose it off. then i use the air compressor to dry everything. then i will go back with a sock & adams vrt on all the rubber & plastic parts.

Back