E4OD Shifting too firm

core-rider

Paid NLOC Member
I Support the NLOC
I already asked on the Stinger forums, but they are being slow to answer...

I already have a Level 10 shift kit installed on my truck which already gave a more firm shift. Now with the PiMPxShift it's just too firm. How much do you recommend changing the line pressures at a time to see a change?

Is the converter locked up on shifts? I would check that first. I’m sure you’ll get more input shortly directly related to the software..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not sure if I can help. I never had to change any of my shift firmness settings.

I already asked on the Stinger forums, but they are being slow to answer...

I already have a Level 10 shift kit installed on my truck which already gave a more firm shift. Now with the PiMPxShift it's just too firm. How much do you recommend changing the line pressures at a time to see a change?

I've allowed msq as an accepted attachment, please post your file.

lzUhcu7l.jpg

p65zbRBl.jpg

rMAfMgml.jpg

aEsUg8Hl.jpg

E1NAHkxl.jpg

FVi3OEpl.jpg

Yes... 255/50/17. I'm actually still playing with tire size as the speed isn't quite accurate.

I think I posted the tune file correctly.

Attachments

• CurrentTune.msq
    273.6 KB · Views: 1
Drive the truck and watch the live data. In the areas where it shifts too firm,reduce the pressure. Smooth the line curve up to 100% at full throttle.

Like Joe said, I really reduced my line pressure for my built transmission a lot, too.

I've attached my current trans tune.

Attachments

• Trans_CurrentTune_FMOS.msq
    27.6 KB · Views: 13
Yes my 1-2 shift is the worst. At about 10mph maybe 10-20% throttle it just slams into gear. I’ll look at your tune file and see how different the pressures are. Thanks fellas!

Pressure 10 13 24 70 90 92
Load 0 17 45 58 70 100

Keep in mind that no matter how low you decrease the pressure, you cannot go below the physical characteristics of the valve body. My first two or three "pressure" numbers are probably artificially low, meaning that the spring pressure is probably higher than what I have the pressure value set to.

Pressure 10 13 24 70 90 92
Load 0 17 45 58 70 100

Keep in mind that no matter how low you decrease the pressure, you cannot go below the physical characteristics of the valve body. My first two or three "pressure" numbers are probably artificially low, meaning that the spring pressure is probably higher than what I have the pressure value set to.

I haven't had time to look at your msq file yet, but I'm guessing those are your numbers for pressure and load? I'll be fine if I can get back to the Level 10 spring pressure settings as they've been fine for 20+ years... firm yet not unbearable like it is now.

Those settings seemed to do the trick. Feels MUCH better on 1-2 and 2-3 shifts!

Played with AutoTune for a bit today and man that is convenient for us noob tuners! I guess I’m doing it right... just turned it on and started driving around. Applied the changes and saved them to the ECU.

After a while it will start chasing its tail changing the VE table back-and-forth in certain cells depending on driving habits.

Once you get to that point what works well is datalogging a nice long drive with your laptop and then running an autotune on the datalog in megalog viewer.

After a while it will start chasing its tail changing the VE table back-and-forth in certain cells depending on driving habits.

Once you get to that point what works well is datalogging a nice long drive with your laptop and then running an autotune on the datalog in megalog viewer.

I wonder how much difference there will be between towing my boat and not. I’d like to get a good mixture between both if possible. I think that’s possible, but will take some time under multiple conditions to get perfect.

With MS3/3X there’s a table switch input. You should have a pin out provided by Stinger, if there is you could have a switch or even something fancier wired in to your trailer connector to swap modes towing trans settings vs “normal” or whatever )

That would be slick to make it auto-shift tables based on the trailer being plugged in.

I'm betting there won't be any difference in terms of VE. You may want a little less spark advance when towing.

That would be slick to make it auto-shift tables based on the trailer being plugged in.

I'm betting there won't be any difference in terms of VE. You may want a little less spark advance when towing.
I believe you can install a multi position switch for table switching. I.E. tow, race, cruise that type of thing.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Yep. I think it would be neat to trigger the table change off the trailer plug itself. No switch.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Back