Dyno Day

Hey Brandon, did you talk to Mike or Mario? I just got off the phone with Mike trying to set something up. If you're setting this up pls let me know so I can step back.

I should be availible during March for the weekends. Sign me up.

Jesse, he told me he's been talking to Mike. I too was going to call Mike this week, but when Brandon told me he was conversing with Mike about it, I didn't bother calling.

Stewart

Sounds good I'm just wondering what you guys recomend I do.

I have interchangable 4lb and 6lb lower with three diffrent tunes on my XcalII
1. 4lb Street
2. 6lb Street
3. 6lb 100 octane race

I have the 6lb on right now and I don't think I'm gonna step back to the 4lb. Would you guys recommend I do one pull with the 6lb street tune and 2 pulls with the 6lb 100 octane tune or what?
I plan on sending the info back to psp and having my tunes tweaked over email.
Suggestions? I'm thinkin I should come with under a 1/4 tank so I'm not needing to put a fortune worth of race fuel in the tank to make 100 octane.

Personally, I think you should choose one or the other, or pay for 6 pulls.

Trying to kill two birds with one stone will only delay getting the next truck up there and if we have a lot of trucks show up, well, I'm sure you see my point. Besides, don't cheat yourself of three good pulls. Give Sal as much info as possible to adjust your tune.

One other plus is, once your truck has had three pulls, and it's taken off the dyno for the next truck, you'll have time to pump out the 91 octane and replace it with 2 1/2 gallons of race fuel.

Just my thoughts.

Stewart

Last edited:
Thanks Stuart for the advice. When you say get all the information I can does that mean send him the dyno sheets with the A/F #'s or is there a way I can send him more information?

jlkastner said:
Thanks Stuart for the advice. When you say get all the information I can does that mean send him the dyno sheets with the A/F #'s or is there a way I can send him more information?

Before I had Sal dyno tune my truck, I had to rely on his email tunes. After his initial email tune, I was finally able to get three pulls done. I sent him as much info from those three pulls as possible so he could adjust my a/f ratio. If I had a scanner I would have scanned them too, and sent him the info.

I was also thining about it from a time stand point too. It takes a little bit of time to pump out the remaining fuel in your tank, and replace it with race fuel. Unless you're the last guy on the dyno, having eight or nine guys waiting behind you can get ugly! ;) Wars have started for less!

:D

Stewart

]l-l[avoksDream said:
Hey Brandon, did you talk to Mike or Mario? I just got off the phone with Mike trying to set something up. If you're setting this up pls let me know so I can step back.

I should be availible during March for the weekends. Sign me up.

No need to step back. We can plan this together. The more the marrier!

BrandonSharksFa said:
The more the marrier!

Hmmmm, got marriage on the mind? It's merrier.

Marrier:
1 : One who marries.

Merrier:
1 : DELIGHTFUL
2 : full of gaiety or high spirits : MIRTHFUL
3 : marked by festivity or gaiety

Must have your head in the clouds, B.

:D :db: :gl: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Stewart

So, you get a date set yet?

Need to keep this on the front burner and get a firm date set.

Stewart

Just make sure you have the dates cleared with Mike before you set the poll up.

Now get on it! :D

Stewart

My auto shop teacher at Acalanes High School just picked up a Mustang dyno catologue and has been throwing the idea around about getting one for the school and teaching some of us how to run it.

I doubt it will happen but it is nice to dream about, we just got a brand new shop with 3 indoor lifts and all the bells and whistles of any shop! The teacher is an all out ford guy so he of course loves the L...I'll keep you guys posted if it comes at all close to happening, just thought I would share.

Now, any dates from mike?

Jack

Back