Dyno Day

J

jlkastner

Whats up guys I just got my Xcal II, 4lb, and plugs last week. Waiting on my CAI to come in the mail so I can step it up to the 6lb.

I beleive the tracks open up in about a month and I would like to get my truck on a dyno before this summer to get the A/F dialed in.

Just wondering if you guys would like to make it a dyno day in a few weeks or so...I've never dynoed a car and I'm kind of lost as to where to go to get it done. I would like get all the dyno info so I can get it into PSP and have Sal tweak my tunes through email where needed.

Thanks. Jack

BrandonSharksFa said:
I would not mind trying to get a group rate at APEX. My buddy works there and I might be able to get us a deal!!

Brandon, talk to Mike. Mike wanted to do something for the BALA group as a good faith gesture for a miscommunication that occurred at the Apex car show a while back. I know Jesse was working on getting the dyno time for BALA, and then I was gonna talk to Mike about it, but I got busy.

Three dyno pulls with a/f reading for $20 or $25 bucks would be cool.

I know Mike would go for something like this because he seemed very eager to make it up to BALA.

Stewart

I've never dynoed before, if someone could get this organzied who knows Mike that would be great.

Maybe give the HD and Mustang boys a heads up too.

Well, of course I am.

Jesse, when are you moving, bud? If this comes together, we should do it quickly so you can be there too.

Stewart

I say Sunday so we can have the shop to ourselves.

That was one of the things I was gonna talk to Mike about. Make it a GTG for us, have some food and drink, and dyno 5 to 10 trucks, without having the public get in our way.

Stewart

BAD MPG said:
as a newbie, would it be worth while to dyno my stock '04? would i just be in the way?

It'll give you a baseline, so as you start modifying, you'll see how much power you've gained.

I wish I had dyno'd my truck when I first got it. My power output was really bad. It still sucks, but it's come a long way!

Stewart

Its looking like the cost will be around 45 for three pulls and A/F ratio.

Do you guys want to pay 50 and they will provide food and drinks for us??

Back