dual piston front calipers

rusty_408

Rusty
I Support the NLOC
Spent some time reading about brakes and the TBM offerings. I like the "no drag" feature they advertise. I have a set of E150 spindles that i was going to use for the e-150 setup down the road, but if i can just run the bigger rotor and a better set of aftermarket calipers (like TBMs), that seems ideal. The mounting ears on the e-150 mearsures right at 5-7/8, which coicendetally is the same spacing as the 05-14 mustangs and looks like maybe they share same rotor diameter from reading the Factory Big Brake Thread. I can't help but wonder if any of the mustang caliber brakets could be used or if anyone have experience making a set of brackets for these or other spindles.

Links

This is where the spacing is mentioned

One of the calipers that looks possible

Different mustang brackets (probably a long shot)

@Sportruk is supposed to send me the soldid works file. Hoping i can extract some measurements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to clarify... Are you trying to use E-150 or similar rotors, or TBM rotors? I don't believe the TBM caliper will work with rotors as thick as factory style rotors.

Just to clarify... Are you trying to use E-150 or similar rotors, or TBM rotors? I don't believe the TBM caliper will work with rotors as thick as factory style rotors.

I was thinking I’d use the E150 rotors. I read that they were 1.25” thick which should work with a number of their calipers.

Not sure how much they stick out yet. Might have a wheel clearance problem.

I would love to see some third party testing that show these to have less drag than properly working stock brakes. At brake pressures you're likely to see on the street or drag strip you aren't going to get the flex they claim to have eliminated. The main source of brake drag is the pads binding on the slides, but that's not really an issue if you keep them clean and lubed. Even if there is a real difference, it seems like there would be a better place to spend $1000.

I was thinking I’d use the E150 rotors. I read that they were 1.25” thick which should work with a number of their calipers.

Not sure how much they stick out yet. Might have a wheel clearance problem.

Hope you can share if the E150 rotors fitted perfectly. We're taking in this Lightning and my buddy is kinda serious in this project. It recently got new fluids, tires from 4Wheelonline, and new bulbs. It has this intermittent squeak when hard braking so we'll see if it just need some lubing.

Back