Cruise control took a dump

my cruise works for about a half hour on the hiway...then stops working. do you guys think this switch is the problem? or something else? id like to get it fixed. thanks

Thanks a lot, you guys! My speed control ceased functioning a couple of months ago and I've been thinking about trying to get it fixed. Now I have a good idea of where to begin on my '95. I'm over 155 K on it now.

On another note, I was very disappointed to find that my Complementary NLOC Membership is no longer considered to be valid...

Gary Siegel

The speed control deactiovation is now a recall item! In a Recall letter from Ford, they state parts to be in the dealerships in November of 2005.

Was at one of the local Ford dealers this morning getting an oil change on one of the "fleet" and asked about parts availability for the recall.

Latest information is that the parts will be available February 2006 with dealers able to order in January.

cruise switch

I Work At A Ford Dealer In The Parts Dept. The Part Numbers Are 1l1z-9f924-aa Switch With A 4w1z-14a411-bc Fuseable Jumper Harness. If You Have Paid For Parts Ford Will Give You Your Money Back. Just Go To A Dealer With Reciepts And Vin#.

Got mine done by Ford back in November, no charge. I called them when I got the recall notice and they had me come in and disconnected it. Had to wait about a month for the part to get in and they hooked it up. Took no time at all.

Jim

Will this part fix the issue where the Cruise control is not functioning or is the cruise light not being displayed(if there is a cruise light)?

Back