Cobra F-1 Hoods for Gen II Lightning, F-150

Ya SVT_KY, I just got a reply after like a week and a half.

They said it ships wednesday and should be here friday or monday.

Hey Fun Lightning... what hood did ya go with?

TRACKING number lady says it's scheduled for
delivery TOMORROW !!! I can have it done
by the time I go to VIR !!!

WOOT !!!

I'm so jealous!

I saw the pictures of James' hood all painted and on the truck and I am really, really jealous.

It looks beautiful on that black truck and I just cannot wait to get mine done.

Maybe for Christmas... :confused:

Re: I'm so jealous!

lightning_girl_94 said:
I saw the pictures of James' hood all painted and on the truck and I am really, really jealous.

It looks beautiful on that black truck and I just cannot wait to get mine done.

Maybe for Christmas... :confused:

Hmmmmm ... Shoemaker's kid with no SHOES?

Get on it ... Get'r done

yAAAAAAA I got my money back today :)

This was not worth the hassel but at least I am not out almost $600.oo.
Hope to install my new hood this weekend then i'll post pics, I cant wait to see everyones new Cobra hood..Man I wish I could of waited for mine to show up too.
I have my hand full right now getting my truck back on the road, its been a busy spring, FTVB,deep pan,4"drop, grill, hood, deck lid, caliper trim job for my slicks, Accufab throttle body, C&L pipe, 95mm mass, cold air/filter, CPU reflash, exhaust, traction bars, lower pulley,metco idler pulley set up,drive shaft loop,plugs,elec.fan, plus tons of junk i'm sure I forgot . Man these truck mods are addicting..lol
So much done to my truck and it still looks boring next to so many other trucks in this group.
I swore a year ago that I would stay bone stock, but once I went to LightningFest I was in love with the modded beasts out there.
I cant wait to meet you all either a FFW, or LightningFest this year.
Everyone stay safe, and have fun :dp: :dp: :dp:

Last edited:
And even the hood light hooks back up like stock. You will have to get a longer piece of vacuum hose to hook the washer up (washer holes are spaced farther apart due to Cobra eyes).
Good luck

Got my hood... finaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly, looks very nice, cant wait to get it on the truck. Anyone having fitting issues?

I had to make the mounting holes in the hood hinges a little longer. The hood would not slide back far anough to the cowl. Thats about it. The hood did hit my fan shroud cover when closed, so I need the body shop to shave the hood down in those area's. Going to the bodyshop saturday!!!!!!

KIRST8404 said:
I had to make the mounting holes in the hood hinges a little longer. The hood would not slide back far anough to the cowl. Thats about it. The hood did hit my fan shroud cover when closed, so I need the body shop to shave the hood down in those area's. Going to the bodyshop saturday!!!!!!

Yes, my paint guy just cut a hole in the bottom of the hood then took fiberglass and made the depression. when he finished it out, it looked like it was original.

Hi Cliff, I sent those pictures to both email addresses. They came back as undeliverable. PM your email address again and I will check to see if I have somthing wrong. If not, i will try again anyway. I don't know how to post them here or I would.
Jim

OK ...

First test Fitment results ...

The hood's too wide ... It won't even close :)

Have to move the fenders out which means the doors
won't line up anymore.

The cutouts for the squirters are too BIG ... They won't
even attach themselves.

The front right corner DOES lay directly on the fairing
above the radiator.

The Cobra snouts are not cutout or functional, nor, since
they aren't vented into the engine compartment seem to
be just for looks. (We all knew that, right?)

Man, what a chore ... But it's the BEST hood my body guy
ever saw ... He said all the other's were CRAP. ....

Tell your body man that he can sand down the sides of the hood to gain some clearance. My right front fender was inset too far and wasn't flush with the door. We loosened the three bolts on top of the fender and pulled it out about 1/16" or a little over. The door and fender now line up and made it easier to set the hood in place.

My hood fit fine between the fenders. the only thing is that it didnt slide back to the cowl far enough. I knew the vents were non-functional when we went in for the buy. I am having the body shop paint the vents black for looks.

could someone send me some pictures of how and where you modified the underside of your hood. I'm having a heck of a time trying to find where its hitting. It seems to be hitting in the front at the fan and in the back. thanks

I'll take some pic's tonite when I get home from work. I've been driving around with it on the truck for about 5 weeks. Its hitting the fan shroud cover on both sides just a bit (I can see the rub marks on it), and the intake rubber tube. Thats all that I saw so far. Glad I saw it before painting it.

Mine was hitting on my PSP Fast Air intake box.

My hood, Sir Micheals roll pan, and smooth bed-tailgate caps go out for paint next week.....

Pics......Soon.

Since the Windshield washer things are too small
to fit and attach to the holes (or the holes are too big!)
has anyone else solved this dilema?

Back