Anyone going to NMRA in Chicago?

QKSILVR

[HOONIGAN]*
Just wondering if anyone is going to NMRA in Joilet in July?

What about Fun Ford in St Louis in Aug??

hopefully if everything works out I will be going. I was informed that 7 guys already had that weekend off. Keep the fingers crossed. :grin1:

I don't know if I'll do it again:?
After last year when you and I finally finished with True Street and we came back to a ghost town;g
Not a single truck left, just our tools, wheels and canopies sitting there all alone.
Also I saw it mentioned that we won't be getting the reserved area this year.

I was looking into doing The Hot Rod Power Tour, but just for the day that they are in Muskegon Michigan. (June 3rd)
The only problem is the nearest hotel rooms are 1 1/2 hours away in Holland. Next stop is in Champaign, but that is so flat and boring down there.

I don't know if I'll do it again:?
After last year when you and I finally finished with True Street and we came back to a ghost town;g
Not a single truck left, just our tools, wheels and canopies sitting there all alone.
Also I saw it mentioned that we won't be getting the reserved area this year.

I was looking into doing The Hot Rod Power Tour, but just for the day that they are in Muskegon Michigan. (June 3rd)
The only problem is the nearest hotel rooms are 1 1/2 hours away in Holland. Next stop is in Champaign, but that is so flat and boring down there.

Where did you see the mention about the reserved area? That sucks, that was a great pit spot!:(

It was in the top secret "Paid Members Only" section.
I'm not sure what he means by "support"

OK folks,

NMRA wants to do something with the Lightnings/HD trucks again this year. I will not take the time to push Joliet this year, as last year was a bust.

If there is a collaboration with NMRA, it WILL NOT BE CALLED LightningFest 9!

NMRA will not sponsor a Top Truck as it cost them money and was a POORLY Supported class!

There will be no tent, chairs or tables....unless I pay for them, so that is out.

The room block at the hotel was not supported (only a few rooms used), so I will no longer do group room blocks.

We might have the preferred parking spot, but only if we agreed to some support for the event. Due to the poor support and turnout, I am inclined to pass for Joliet 2012....your comments?!

...Dwight...

im in as long as Hollywood finds me a sponser this year...... (I hear the heating and air work is booming:scared1::scared1:)

I was planning on attending, but the wife informed me of her 20 yr class reunion is that Sat night. :(

Oh well, it is what it is I guess.

Back