Any body had a data map chip made locally.

ib fast

Anyone had a data mapped chip made in michigan for a gen 2 L?

I just found out that a chip wyldman let me try out a couple years ago at cyberbrawl[inject chip] is still in business and the guy does dyno tuned chips.
I know php does not do his own chips so is this other company the only source in michigan?

I was not impressed with wyldmans chip,but he runs nitrous so his chip was not tuned for my mods.

Why doesn't someone become an L tuner...seems there is a good market for it...i can only imagine how much money there going to want for me to be a guniea for a dyno tuned chip.

You can try Dyno Dave's in Brownstown. They dyno tune Superchips, Autologic and Diablo. I have been there before and watched him dyno tune a few cars/trucks. They guy knows his stuff.

http://www.fordchip.com

--Joe

Joe, fordchip.com and inject chip are one in the same as far as i can tell.
Do you know of any gen 2's that have been custom tuned by Jerry w from fordchip.com
They tune chips at dyno daves,but the guy i talked to was from out of state....apparently they travel.

He said with 2# pulley, t/b, e -fan and 90mm he got 397 rwhp after 6 pulls with Jerry W tuning his 00.

Greg

ib fast said:
Joe, fordchip.com and inject chip are one in the same as far as i can tell.
Do you know of any gen 2's that have been custom tuned by Jerry w from fordchip.com
They tune chips at dyno daves,but the guy i talked to was from out of state....apparently they travel.

He said with 2# pulley, t/b, e -fan and 90mm he got 397 rwhp after 6 pulls with Jerry W tuning his 00.

Greg

I was there to watch them dyno tune SVTED.

--Joe

I am going to be there this sunday at 12.30 for a dyno tune.
Joe was SVTED happy with the results?

Greg

ib fast said:
Joe was SVTED happy with the results?

Greg

He sure was.

I will try and go Sunday morning to meet you there. Are you going ot be at the place in Brownstown?? It might be tough getting up Sunday morning I might be a tad hung over ;t :nb:

--Joe

soap said:
He sure was.

I will try and go Sunday morning to meet you there. Are you going ot be at the place in Brownstown?? It might be tough getting up Sunday morning I might be a tad hung over ;t :nb:

--Joe

Not sure if it is in Brownstown but telegraph south from 94 east,then about 7 miles down telegraph.

Greg

ib fast said:
Not sure if it is in Brownstown but telegraph south from 94 east,then about 7 miles down telegraph.

Greg

Ya thats the place......it is right over the bridge it will be on your right when your heading south. There is a driveway to turn into then Dyno Daves is around back of the building.

--Joe

What time? Can anyone watch? Im installing my motor, but Id like to see what they can do as Im considering their help in tuning my 393 before Stanton.

lightngsvt said:
What time? Can anyone watch? Im installing my motor, but Id like to see what they can do as Im considering their help in tuning my 393 before Stanton.

:D

--Joe

I was told to be there around 12.30 but i don't know exactly when they will tune on my truck...i am pretty sure they have other tuning to do sunday besides my truck so he might not get started on mine till 1-1.30.

They did say this is a watch if you want type deal though.

Greg

So is it the same for the gen2's that they dont use chips? I e-mailed them and for my 93 they said they'd flash the processor itself and not use a chip. :confused: Im kinda concerened about the $400 charge though...

Mine will use a chip because i need a race/street setting but originally he said no chip.
The cost with a chip is 450-500.00 and no east/west coast tuner would dyno tune a chip for that amount including dyno on a gen 2...more like 1k or more from what i have heard.

Ya since all Ed does is race they just had them flash his PCM. But like Greg said....they can program a chip for you too.

--Joe

Well they told me $400, that was to flash, no chip. I dont know that Im comfortable with a flashed PCM, theres no way to go back to stock if need be. I guess since dyno time with a wide band is usually $150 an hour, it really isnt that expensive (if I wasnt broke from the engine build, converter, etc, etc)... So they are the best around?

Chuck, they told me 400.00 for a pcm flash also.
Apparently it costs 100.00 extra for a flipchip.

I have no idea if they are the best,but they are the only known Lightning tuners in michigan that do dyno tunes.

I sent SVTED an e mail to find out what mods he has but have not gotten an answer yet.

All i know is my truck is slow when compared to others with the same mods so i figure it must be in my mail ordered tune.

Greg

I hear ya. Im a bit concerened that he still thinks my truck is mass-air eventhough Ive mentioned it like 5 times that its speed density (93). I wonder if they have flip chips for the EEC-4?

Stop by an ask some questions before you commit...that is what i would do....just wait till my truck is done....jk:D

Greg

lightngsvt said:
So they are the best around?

I wouldn't go so far as to say that.

Greg as for people being faster than you I think if you tossed some skinny's on front and got a powercooler/supercooler you would hit 11's easy. You are making a TON of heat with all the boost you make.

Just my thoughts.......hope your not offended.

--Joe

Joe, exactly right but a dyno tuned chip should work out better than a mail order one.

All i really need is 1/10th out of my tuning and the cooler air should get my truck in the 11's.

Back