aftermarket oilpan info

awesome, i think i got all the info i need, now i just need to figure out which part number to get. i guess im going to get the moroso cause it comes in black.

once i get the oilpan i can start motor parts shopping again :)

do it all over again

awesome, i think i got all the info i need, now i just need to figure out which part number to get. i guess im going to get the moroso cause it comes in black.

once i get the oilpan i can start motor parts shopping again :)

do it all over again

357 go bad?:?

i run the canton and it fits perfect... so either will work fine. just make sure it clears ur girdle

No it didn't go bad.just changing goal againi didn't reach my 10.7 goal now due to traction issues but I have my caltracs going on now also. Looking for low 10' s now with new setup. New afr 205' s, edelbrock super victor efi lower intake, power elbow,new cam,rockers,port matched,msd distributor,90mm throttle body. And maybe upgrade injectors from 60' s to 83' s. If needed. Taking motor out soon

No it didn't go bad.just changing goal againi didn't reach my 10.7 goal now due to traction issues but I have my caltracs going on now also. Looking for low 10' s now with new setup. New afr 205' s, edelbrock super victor efi lower intake, power elbow,new cam,rockers,port matched,msd distributor,90mm throttle body. And maybe upgrade injectors from 60' s to 83' s. If needed. Taking motor out soon

Sweet. Do you think it will be ready for the spring time Rich?

...great to see you working with your truck again Richie!!

yeah i hoping to, still waiting for ed curtis to get back to me about getting some heads and all. yeah im back into it again even though it has a bad idle right now which im still trying to figure out, but i wont take motor out until then. just been real busy with work and side jobs so, i hope to make a few rentals this year

I was looking at this post last night,so I hit up summit and I think the pan is # 18520.I am looking for a pan also.Hey Ed. Could you take a look at this and see if might be the one.

I was looking at this post last night,so I hit up summit and I think the pan is # 18520.I am looking for a pan also.Hey Ed. Could you take a look at this and see if might be the one.

yup Greg that looks exactly like it. I just know for a fact that mine had some kind of baffling or a windage tray built in b/c the pick up had like a certain section that it had to drop into.
BUt yes that is physically what it looks like in dimension and color

further info to help

Two other things I recommend....buy (1) of those Fumoto drain valves with the nipple for the front drain plug. The reason is that the front of the oil pan lies just above the engine crossmember which when you go to drain the oil you can't get a funnel or a drain pan in there and it runs all over the cross member then all over the floor.....BIG MESS...trust me get the valve.

Also get the expensive FEL Pro oil pan gasket from AutoZone and put a somewhat of a big dab in the two rear corners by the RMS but NOT the front corners by the FMS. Reason being is that aftermarket pans "sometimes" have a gap in the rear corners.
Don't do the front so you don't destroy the oil pan gasket in case you have to pull the front cover.

well i called and talked to moroso and this is all the info they gave me

18520 zinc
20520 black
24532 pickup
25970 dipstick
the 1st 2 pans are supposed to come with dipsticks

20532 some different pan

well i called and talked to moroso and this is all the info they gave me

18520 zinc
20520 black
24532 pickup
25970 dipstick