aftermarket oilpan info

SVT1116

i did a search and cant find anything, does anyone have an after market oilpan on their truck. canton,moroso,stefs? . if so does anyone have a part number on theirs. do we have a front or rear sump. thanks

i did a search and cant find anything, does anyone have an after market oilpan on their truck. canton,moroso,stefs? . if so does anyone have a part number on theirs. do we have a front or rear sump. thanks

Rich,

So long as you have longtube headers you can use the oil pans for the fox body mustangs. Should be able to locate what you need from any of the different company's.

would you happen to have a part number, or ill shoot you over some part numbers let me know if they would work. thanks ed

Don't have one yet but, I am planning on installing one and I know some guys on here have them. Canton oil pan- Summit part# CTR-15-670S. You need a specific pick up for this pan and the part# is CTR-15-671. We have rear sump and fox body 351 swap pans will fit. I choose this one cause it is clearenced for a stroker and I believe doesn't have the crank scraper. Non-stroker part#CTR-15-670.

Last edited:
That is correct. Forgot to mention that. Steve where you been . Your impossible to get in touch nowadays

i only meant that i posted this like 2 or 3 times over the years, and didnt get feedback. and every company i look at makes like 10 different kinds and i hate buying wrong stuff

Rich, there are so many options you need to first ask yourself how much you are willing to spend. My oil pan cost $1,000. Some good Canton aluminum ones cost $750. Do you want ones with kick outs to help with the oil slinging off the crank? You need to be more specific.

Rich, there are so many options you need to first ask yourself how much you are willing to spend. My oil pan cost $1,000. Some good Canton aluminum ones cost $750. Do you want ones with kick outs to help with the oil slinging off the crank? You need to be more specific.

jamie which pan did u have when u still had the stock front end on the truck??

im looking for something better then stock that has a spot for my blower return, that will clear my main girdle and windage tray, and clear my long tubes. thats it , dont need anything crazy

im looking for something better then stock that has a spot for my blower return, that will clear my main girdle and windage tray, and clear my long tubes. thats it , dont need anything crazy

Richie I have a Moroso pan for a 351w in a Fox. There is a specific pick up that Moroso sells to go with that pan. The pan will also come with a dipstick.
The pan does NOT have kick outs, will clear long tube hedders, will clear a DSS girdle and windage tray, will clear the stock engine cradle but will NOT work with a stock style catalytic and/or off-road pipe

The Canton pan that I refrenced in an earlier post is about $250 and I beleive already has a port for a temp gauge. Whether or not the temp gauge port could be used for a s/c return line, I don't know.

and what is the point of the kick outs

The kick outs when down low (like a T style pan) are to hold more oil. The kick out when it's only on the passanger side and it's up high (the oil pan bolts usually go through the inside of the pan on these) are to give the oil coming off the crank (when it slings) a place to go without causing drag on the crankshaft. I'd suggest you go with either a canton or moroso like Ed has. If he says it will work I would get that one and just weld a bung in for the SC return.

I wouldn't use the oil port as a return. First off it will be too small of a hole and second (and more importantly) that port will be below the oil line so when your trying to return oil it will be pushing against the oil that is already in the pan. Your return port has to be higher then the oil level in the pan so it can properly drain.

The kick outs when down low (like a T style pan) are to hold more oil. The kick out when it's only on the passanger side and it's up high (the oil pan bolts usually go through the inside of the pan on these) are to give the oil coming off the crank (when it slings) a place to go without causing drag on the crankshaft. I'd suggest you go with either a canton or moroso like Ed has. If he says it will work I would get that one and just weld a bung in for the SC return.

I wouldn't use the oil port as a return. First off it will be too small of a hole and second (and more importantly) that port will be below the oil line so when your trying to return oil it will be pushing against the oil that is already in the pan. Your return port has to be higher then the oil level in the pan so it can properly drain.

x2. I don't think we have enough room for the kick outs anyway. The Moroso pan has a built in windage tray and that helps. The DSS aluminum girdle has provisions for their windage tray to attach to the bottom. So I have the Moroso windage tray and the DSS.
Unfortuantely I do not know the part number for my pan but here is what I do know
  • 7qts
  • front and rear sumps and drains
  • black in color
  • fits 351w in a Fox

Back