4805 build thread

Jason Smith

under construction
So here it is from the beginning 9-10 years ago, I bought my first Lightning, using the insurance check from my 89 merkur xr4ti as a down payment. I took it for a few test drives before I bought it but I was sold after the first test drive.
So here what it looked like when I brought it home 10 years ago ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363546097.914632.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363546235.423690.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363546301.669404.jpg
So after driving the L for a while it developed some problems, shifted really hard, smoked like crazy till it got warm. I found out the previous owner had ran NOS on it for quite some time.
So I decided it was time for a minor rebuild - restoration project, the box of the truck was nasty looking on the inside dents etc , it was used like a truck. I saved up some funds and did the box first, that way we could take it down to the barn out of the way ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363547454.059192.jpg
I believe this is the last pic or one of the last pics that were taken before it got stripped.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363547560.618740.jpg

Looks good man it's going to be sweet when it's done. The cab rust on the roof was weird. I wouldn't say that nitrous had anything to do with the truck smoking more like poor maintenance. My original 302 had nitrous for 7 years and had 340k before I pulled the motor. Never ever smoked.

It's been so many years since I've taken it apart I forget how it goes back together.
I would really like a a few lightning owners maybe come and give me a hand putting 4805 back together.
I would gladly return the favor!
I still need to get a few things,
I would like to have it done for all ford nationals at Carlisle.

OK wow.......Bumperquip, eat your ever loving heart out. So you never said what your replacement daily is.

I have to say I would have done everything exactly the same if I were going with a full rebuild to that extent. I love the tranny and block. Is that candy apple red?

OMG!!! The Transmission is House of Kolors Kandy Apple???? Good lord man! You won't be able to drive that thing! Its gonna be too pretty! :thumbup:

It's been so many years since I've taken it apart I forget how it goes back together.
I would really like a a few lightning owners maybe come and give me a hand putting 4805 back together.
I would gladly return the favor!
I still need to get a few things,
I would like to have it done for all ford nationals at Carlisle.
Where you live?If you close enough, I'm sure a few of us would make a trek over there to give a hand.

My Lightning is in Bethel Pa
I'm located at Fort Indiantown Pa
Or Jonestown 17038 the garage is only a few miles away

Can someone post a pic of the antilock brake sensor ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363558804.713848.jpg
Can some one post a pic from the top side so I can see where every thing goes
Thank you

Per Paul the punisher the e4od return line is in the rear. Feed is up front.

Per Jamie V, the easy way to remember it is the e4od always takes it up the rear

Back