408 sound

Yeah I've seen that one before in fact when I clicked the link my wife said really that one again lol. I'm always drooling over the 427s on you tube! Its a shame it takes a fortune to build that engine today!! The 427 cammer that is

My 393 sounded pretty bad *** at idle with the comp xfi cam and the over lap sound good too I'll try and post up a video

Dude you got a badass truck! I sure do miss that chrome. I had a red 1992 XLT 5.0 truck I had pipe dreams of building but wanted a Lightning ever since I was in highschool (circa 1996). So when my dad wrecked my truck and a Lightning was for sale at the same time I snagged it. Again beautiful truck!
Thanks man. My uncle had a brand new 93 that he lowered within a month of having it but when I bought my truck back in 2001 I couldn't afford a lightning so I made due.

Sounds nice man. I'll try to get a video of my 79 F100.

Thanks man! It's got nuthin' on your 79.....................i watched the sound clip of your 96 and saw a nitrous pass vid of the 79, that thing is badass! My '56 would just about match your 96's 12.25 run in your sig. Just a simple 460 with D0VE-C heads cleaned up with 2.19s and a bunch of work on the exhaust side. Runs pretty hard and does it on 87 octane shifting before 6k. Gotta love the big motors!

Nice. Not mine. 383 and single 76mm. Doesn't even sound as tough as a stock truck with a good exhaust.

Same with mine, turbo cams usually sound pretty tame, It helps a little with an open downpipe(s)

Hell, my 302 ranger sounds more wicked with a comp xe270 cam haha

Thanks man! It's got nuthin' on your 79.....................i watched the sound clip of your 96 and saw a nitrous pass vid of the 79, that thing is badass! My '56 would just about match your 96's 12.25 run in your sig. Just a simple 460 with D0VE-C heads cleaned up with 2.19s and a bunch of work on the exhaust side. Runs pretty hard and does it on 87 octane shifting before 6k. Gotta love the big motors!

That's stout my truck isn't too much quicker on motor then that. Picks up a little when I spray 175 through it haha

If i could get a 408 to sound like an FE motor i sould be very happy. 427 is only slightly better sounding than the 429 boss. Different sounds but damn hemis sound good

I'm not a big fan of the Boss 429 sound. I don't know what it is about them, but they just don't ever seem to sound as crisp and clean as other engines. In stock trim I'm sure it's because of how neutered they were, but even when modded I don't remember ever hearing one that just blew me away. I can think of experiences with lots of other engines that I will never forget the sound they made, but I can't think of a single Boss 429 that sounded memorable.

Back