2nd gen motor in a gen1 boby

trixxstyles

has it been done or though of put the 2nd gen motor and trans and a gen 1
what is needed or can it be done? :idea: :stirpot:

Oh hell, don't start this argument again. Do a search, this is another one that has been beaten to death.

here ya go a Gen 2 motor in a Gen 1

Sorry I couldn't pass it up.
28943-333-7716.jpg

IMO, that would be a waste of time. Push rods FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!
on a serious note, i dont think you would gain much from it.

Think about all the wiring, chassis modifications and just all the other BS. If you're going to engine swap, get a big block with a good set of heads.

Plus... It just doesnt seem right. Seems like that would be trying to be more like a gen 2. if you want to be like a gen 2, save yourself 5 grand from the swap and buy a 2nd Gen.

It would have to be one of those GT cammer motors, of course propelled by way of turbo. Now that would be cool.

like i said that'd be something. that's a bad mother. now that i saw that i think i remember that from their mag.

I really don't think it would be that hard to mount the Gen2 engine/tranny in a Gen1. You would have to use the stock Gen2 exhaust manifolds or shorty headers, doubt any long tubes out there would fit. The Gen2 oil pan is a rear sump like a Gen1, you might need to use a remote oil filter.

The biggest problem would be the wiring harness and computer. You would also have to have a chip burned for the computer to defeat the passive anti theft or it wouldn't start.

It could all be done, it would probably cost around $4500-$5000 if you can fab the motor mounts yourself. You can pick up a Gen2/Harley engine/tranny for about $3000-$3500.

I don't think I would like to see it done to a real Gen1 truck, maybe to a regular F150.

ive thoguht of puttin a gen 2 motor in my 88 stang, even thought of a 03/04 cobra motor and trans in it but way to much for my budget now lol

Back