1994 f350 crewcab, lightning powered

OK project is back moving again finally, just got the doner XL grill and headlight bezels finally.

truck has lightning seats with the console (I prefere) in the front, and lightning seats with the correct "L" center seat in the rear.

(4) door handles , door lock cylinders, ign lock cyl, tailgate handle, antenna base cover are correct black now. windsheild trim next up.

in the painting department (happening in a few weeks)
grill, headlight bezels, OEM PSD bumper, chrome has been removed (de-plated), cevinis chin spoiler, bronco elec LED signal mirrors, standard style rear step bumper, and the whole reason this started, a "gas" core support (non diesel) .

Think I gonna remove the tube bumper, the step bumper should "fit" the hitch a lil better than the tube bumper does now.

If the diesel rad support is in good condition, don't scrap it. They are a dealer only item. I'm sure a diesel guy will pay dearly for it.

nope, previous owner had cut it up a few areas a bit to get the "gas" radiator to fit with it. Its prolly useable, but not hard to find around here atleast.

I am gonna keep it, incase I get weird Ideas about a race truck. :headscratch:
it is way different than the gas version, so might give me ideas, if did something custom.

the diesel version is the bottom one, in case you dont know what they look like.
the fender mount brackets were removed from the diesel core support, but are the same as "gas" above,

and yes those are airhorns mounted down there, LOL was funny when I found em after owning it for 6 months, they were kinda hidden there. :no:

Guys in the rust belt would kill for one. Aftermarket are not correct. I paid $500 for a reasonable condition diesel front clip just to have the rad support.

i like the idea..lowered look with helper bags for towing and your good to go..i would keep it all one color if you going for the gen 1 theme.

good job on the progress

ya, I dont like the ford ranger blue (purple part).
but they painted into the door jambs etc. and its higher up the door than I want also. not sure what I will do some day.
till then I will just live with it.
I just cant justify repainting half the truck to remove it right now atleast.

couple more do-dads for the puzzle showed up.
still waiting for paint, but its getting close.

gonna do final placement of the chrome Lightning bolts after the mud flaps are mounted on the truck.

Update,
core support, front & rear bumpers, chin spoiler, painted.

was about to start puting it back together, LOL
Then the the idea of why not pull the motor and do a oil pan gasket and rear main seal, LOL.

so motor is out and gonna get resealled and maybee a splash of paint.
then engine bay is getting degreased and cleaned up front portion of the frame getting painted also.
Maybee I will get to drive it this year, maybee not.

Update
Motor has been back in for quite awhile now, headers are on, just waiting to finish the boost bypass on the KB.
Just scored a NEW set of bell-tech drop beams, I been looking for since I first bought this truck. :) (been discontinued for many years)
hopefully this spring it will be on the road again.
I sure miss driving this beast.

Sweet that will look killer with the beams. I didn't know Belltech made them for f350s I knew DJM and Chassis Tech did/does. How does the truck drive with the blower?

the little blower hasn't been on It yet. Truck has been back burner for too long, hopefully in a few months it will be together.
I don't expect it to be fast, but hopefully it will be like driving a stock standard cab lightning.
long term, I have an idea to cummins/5sp swap, so it can handle long distance towing, and not at under 7-8 mpg.
belltech #4020

Ok Finally got a few thing done, new ford HD radiator, flex 295's, gauges, hood latch support got painted finally!! so trans cooler, lines, hood latch back in.
Decided I would hold off on he Kenne Bell for a bit,(will do it after its road worthy). I want this thing running again/so tired of pushing, towing it. :embar:
Got more done today, Punisher street VB, trans filter and my old ford racing trans pan, new fluids, (ATF, Oil, Coolant),upper intake back on, belt etc.

Cycled key 3 times, then it fired right off and ran good on open headers. No smoke, No Leaks, motor sounds happy as all ways, even on 3yr old craptastic gas.
Truck moved under its own power for the first time in 3 years. THANK GOD!!! this thing is heavy.

Next up, find a new quality exhaust shop, paint the Bronco signal mirrors & cowl hood. Finish up other odds ends.

Hoping to have this thing to reliable daily driver status by end of summer.
Think I will install the in dash navigation deck / new stereo this winter.
So stoked its running again. :heart:
When its all done the super cab L will get its lightning motor, stall converter finally.

Last edited:
Well, that's as far as it got, it was nice not pushing it around for a year at least.
Early this year plans changed when I got yet another Lightning to play with. this one had a light rod knock (was cheap). So out came the Lightning motor again and it got installed in the new Lightning.
New plan, I got a low mile (68k) 97 f-250 2wd 460 auto, to use as parts and got it all completely stripped, going to swap motor, trans into the dually as is with smog, cat pipe and all, since it ran and drove perfect. few years down the road may swap in my new SCJ alum head 460 long block when I get all the cool EFI parts to go with it.
Last week the dually got pushed back into the main bay in the shop, things are happening quick this go round, I want to drive this thing again now!

ITS ALIVE!!! and running great with 5 year old craptastic gas, 1997 7.5 motor trans, ECM, ICM, all rewired and happy.
So nice to drive and not to push it. Not to loud since Y pipe and factory cat with 3 inch outlet are still there.
Front fuel pump took a dump just before I pulled the Lightning motor, replaced it, found it had a aftermarket pump canister, go figure. its factory now thanks to the parts truck, had to update to the newer style plug, also a new motorcraft Fuel filter while was under there.

Ordered a 4" stainless mandrel diesel kit to make a cat back out of. That will be next weekends project.
Got the new OEM (96 bronco only) factory LED signal door mirrors on.
The Cervinis cowl hood and my chin spoiler should be painted in a month or 2 also.
After that, need to get my black windshield trim installed, that's the last piece of the old chrome.

Next up, will swap out the Lightning front springs, for F-250 front springs, then add the Bell Tech drop beams, that should net a additional 1 inch drop and better hold the extra weight of the big block

Last edited:
Back