1994 f350 crewcab, lightning powered

my94lightning

I NEED MORE BOOST CAPT!!!
Here is the new project its a 94 f350 crew dually 2wd, (ex powerstroke truck).
previous owner bought truck with seized engine, and bought a wrecked 93L outta texas, and made this.
Its got the following Lightning parts now. motor, trans, exhaust, fuel tanks, front body harness , dash harness, ecm and frame wire harness's (frame harness was extended), front springs, speedo cluster and :headscratch:.

I removed the big drop bumper to make room for the reciever hitch, put a L tube bumper on it, havent decided if the tube bumper will stay yet, but its growing on me.

Been tinkering on lil do dads, first figured out why the dually maker lights were inop. they get there feed from the trailer wiring,added a couple pins and wired in as oem did, weird but they fixed now., and ran the ext harness so the cab lights splice into where they should in the dash harness. The Lightning dash harness had no provision for em.

yes, I am not a fan of the ford "ranger blue" he added, (purple part). it will be removed one of these years.
next larger mod will be a belltech hanger drop on the rear, to level it out.
and some Alcoa alum wheels, prolly.
I plan on getting rid of the billet grill for some white painted oem ones i plan to add the chin spoiler and fogs also. and paint the PSD bumper.

heres some pics of it. sorry better pics will follow.

Last edited:
front is on L springs allready ,I plan to get the bell tech hanger/ shackle drop.
I Think that should be about perfect level, if ends up tail low :embar:,
I will get a set of 5k airbag helpers on the rear, and that will level it back out.
Now i just need a Awsome deal, on some alum Alcoa's.

Little update, the reason I went with the tube bumper (other than I had it) is cause, I needed a reciever hitch for the diff trailers I tow and plan to tow.
I added some better reverse lights also.

Been tracking down a couple loose ends, got the cab lights wired in and the dually fender lights wired in also, Since the truck has 90% of 1993 Lightning wiring in it, there was no provisions for em, lol.
Added the lighted dual visors and dimming rear view mirror also.

Got the bell-tech rear hanger drop kit, just gonna wait for better weather or maybee spring time to install it.
that will be the next mod.

Gotta Level that thing out, lol

new wheels,all white,and lowered,that thing will be sweet!
I agree. If it was mine I would strip the wheels at least and change the color. Plus drop i beams and a flip kit. The 2 tone paint doesnt bother me too much.

IMG_5305.jpg

IMG_9368.jpg

Of course this one is also on bags but you get the idea.

Yep, I plan to change wheels, thought about having em chromed, but ideally I want a larger wheel 17-18??? seems like everyone goes to the 19.5 semi stuff, not sure I want that look. I am undecided (low priorty) but leaning towards the standard alcoa wheels that were optional.

I am gonna white out the front, ditch the billet grill, get a L vallance. then finish the DE chroming (handles trim etc)

I dont care for the blue/purple also, but it would be alot of work to remove it, he did the color into the door jambs etc also.
leaning towards a 2 tone w black, but not sure yet.

Last edited:
19.5's are from F-450's and up. 22.5's and 24.5's are standard for anything over 26k gvwr. There is a company that used to make a dually wheel that kinda looks like a Lightning wheel....well the holes are shaped similar anyway, but I dont remember the name. With some work you could make people ask questions about them. I would completely white it out and put L seats front and rear. Put the console in the front and a jumpseat in the rear. Or two consoles. Drop it another 2 inches in the front and lower the rear to match. Put 19.5's on it with a lower profile tire and side exhaust.....schwwwwweeeeetttt:eek:ldtu:

The Brentz Classic Hot Rod would look great on your truck.....:heart:

Update on the truck, been tinkering on it some more.
got the bell tech rear hanger and shackle kit installed. I am on "taller" front hanger setting and the lower shackle setting, I think i got it about right where I want it. I have a driveline vibration, I need to work on otherwise the drop kit went well.
If I never see another frame rivet I have to drill and pound out I will be HAPPY!! think there was 33 of those bastards, ;m

I got some diff wheels that I really like, also got 6 new BFG commercial t/a's in a diff size that fits the truck alot better IMO. it was a 215/85/16, now its a 225/75/16.

Got the set of Lightning seats outta the 93 parts truck also. :grin1:
the truck has dropped alot, I am guessing about 5 inches, it doesnt show as much cause the tires are shorter, but wow, loading the dirt bikes is much better and I was dragging the mud flaps, so they have been removed for now, gotta rework the metal support bars. :D

If I hit a big dip at speed with the bikes in back it will tap the bumpstops.
So I really dont want it any lower.

It also looks alot lower in person than in the pics :headscratch:.

It will get a set of airbags with a onboard compressor setup soon.

Cut away the bump stops and let's body drop that beast!!

That truck is so cool and the pics don't do it any justice.

Heres a pic of my 92 on bags right before I body dropped and z-ed the frame
Wish i would have not sold the dam thing.

And heres a pic I found years ago of a sweet body dropped on 22's

Last edited:
Pretty sweet rig.
Hows the performance with the lil ol 351 in that big ol truck. Does it have power torque enuf to haul a good loaded trailer IE a car trailer?
Just wondering.

Pretty sweet rig.
Hows the performance with the lil ol 351 in that big ol truck. Does it have power torque enuf to haul a good loaded trailer IE a car trailer?
Just wondering.

Well it does OK not stellar. flat is fine, but the weight of the truck is definatly felt on the up hils. (this is bone stock with factory cats ,airpump etc.)
havent checked ign timing yet, prolly stock 10*)

I have a series of mods lined up to fix that problem. stay posted for updates.
truck is 80% light duty use for me, dirtbike riding, weekend trips etc.
so it is enjoyable to drive, quiet, smooth, etc.
another big plus, is I can diag, fix, repair, anything on it. and parts are cheap, and super available.

A warmed 460 or a T-diesel would be much better for towing dutys as would be expected.

Back