1994 f350 crewcab, lightning powered

Looking good Corey. That big monster surely did need the big block, especially if I think I know what you are using the truck for (hauling quads to the dunes in Oregon).

Its 49 state Speed density, same stuff last many years of 460's, was surprised its still OBD1 also. 50 state/CA had mass air I think its 96-97 only for the 460, not sure.
Mass air would have been more work wiring wise, diff ECM ETC. Kinda wish it was MA , but having odd ball stuff can be a big pain when need help or parts.

The mirrors are standard looking F series, the diff is the wire harness and the glass mirror plate, you only see its red arrow when lit up, also due to the way its done you don't see em inside the cab, only if your at the outside angle to the truck. They are super Rare OEM at least. I bought 2 new sets for stupid high money. 6 years ago, haven't seen any since. not looking though.
Not my truck pic but these.

Man those things are nice. Is there a plug on the existing harness for them or did you have to add wire?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Man those things are nice. Is there a plug on the existing harness for them or did you have to add wire?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Truck is not wired for it, mirror connectors are different, they use the larger 8pin round plug, like the arming sensor on the airbag system. I switched to it cause I had em, for most it would be easier to transfer the original connector housing onto the new mirror and then just run the 2 extra wires (led signals each door) through the truck. One is ground other goes to the combo switch to pick up on the front blinker feeds. Don't use the tail light wires or it will turn on with the brake switch also. I used 2 amp fuses on the wire taps, to be safe incase something goes wrong in the door. that and because I used a lighter guage wire.

Moving forward again tonight, Got the old Lightning front springs and the I beams out. Going to add a set of 3/4 ton springs and the bell-tech drop beams, net results should be about and inch lower than current, but with firmer springs to handle the big block and crew cab weight a bit better.
Pics to follow.

Been side tracked with buying a new company car. I think it will be perfect.
its a twin turbo after all.

Back to the dually. Its being a PITA every step, first the beams are in, then no matter what I did the original sway bar not going to work, it hits everything now no matter how I put the pieces together.

Went back to the barn and got the bent sway bar off the very wrecked 93L parts truck,
picture was the last time it ran before the drivetrain was removed.

After 25 mins with the 40 ton press, the sway bar is 99% perfectly strait. mounted the plate and bar inside out and upside down, like dropped lightning's do, and it works.

noticed both calipers were dragging some and the pads were not worn even, so thinking a caliper piston is sticking some.
took the caliper apart to clean it, and found some good gouging on the phenolic pistons, so opted to just get new calipers and pads.
next up, pad I got were wrong, so go back and get the correct ones, then having issues with the banjo bolts not threading into either new reman Motorcraft caliper.
after verifying it was the correct threads, took the new calipers apart and ran a tap through cleaned out a bunch of paint and other small trash, bolt threads in perfect now.
next up adjust the rear brakes, take the left drum off, and the shoes had cracked vertically the whole way across, ugh, so go get new brake shoes, get that side all done, pull the other side, and find its full of gear oil, UGH, so go back and get a seal, then only to find that it uses a different 4 tooth hub socket, than the 6 I already own. Back to the stores on Saturday trying to find one.
Get the seal installed and all the giant mess cleaned up, and realize now that the wheel cylinder is seeping also. UGH!!!
just ordered a new pair will continue this PITA later this week.
plan B swapped some fowled plugs out of the beat down yard truck, swapped in a good battery and the blue smoking 92 f250 460,is alive again, I can do a dump run tomorrow at least.
LOL.

I swear this truck is working against me right now. Dually is still on 4 jack stands. lol.

Back