Things are starting to come together

I originally had a 60 mph shutoff for my electric fans, but I found temperature would creep up on the highway. I was surprised by that, but I guess the shroud covers too much of the radiator.

I originally had a 60 mph shutoff for my electric fans, but I found temperature would creep up on the highway. I was surprised by that, but I guess the shroud covers too much of the radiator.

I've always wondered why the truck does this, it is most definitely related to RPM as I can let off and coast and the temp will start to drop or I can slow down to 60 and it will cool off too. One day I'll go on a lot longer freeway ride and keep it at steady speed to see if it goes past 195, but I honestly think it's fine and I am not going to worry about it for now. One thing I *might* investigate more are my fuel temps, looks like today's drive topped out about 125 degrees. I really have no context other than that seems a bit hot and I am worried about the big Weldon pump I have and no controller. But with no A/C it is highly unlikely I'll ever drive in these temps again and honestly even when I do get the A/C going I'm not really a fan of driving the poor thing in these temps.

I’m in limbo right now until my friend gets his dyno in his new shop so I figure I’ll test out the new lower pulley from ASP. It’s not anodized yet because I want to be sure it fits. LFP 6lb (9.25”) Gen 2 lower will hopefully be here tomorrow. With that size ring on the bottom I’ll be able to go with one of the larger uppers that I have. I am going to see how much boost it will make with the 3.6 as that puts the Novi very close to max RPM around 6000 engine RPM.

8b118a92ffee01f6c9fbf7ca91910d45.jpg

0327bc05de3dae640e7296dc18fdb02a.jpg

That’s sweet Ray! How much did it run? Did you send them a drawing or did they already have something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He already has the file, Jamie did all the work :) It’s actually under Tommy’s name as his is the final version, but I didn’t have it anodized just in case. The cost was $419 shipped, he didn’t sound very interested in quantity discounting. I imagine if we asked for 10 or something he might knock a bit off.

Don't be scared Raymond. The Novi comes to life over 18psi lol. My last pulley combo with the Novi was a 8.6" lower, 3" upper, shifting at 6200. With no intercooler saw over 23psi lol. I did lift a head but was just making alot of power!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Don't be scared Raymond. The Novi comes to life over 18psi lol. My last pulley combo with the Novi was a 8.6" lower, 3" upper, shifting at 6200. With no intercooler saw over 23psi lol. I did lift a head but was just making alot of power!

I'm not scared of the boost, that's why I am going through this stupid pulley stuff. I just don't want the Novi coming apart and barfing parts in the motor!

I'm not scared of the boost, that's why I am going through this stupid pulley stuff. I just don't want the Novi coming apart and barfing parts in the motor!
Yeah for me it was just such an issue throwing belts. The self adjusting idler is the ticket I think. Also if I was doing it again I would send my race pulley off to griptech. It really makes a difference.

Yeah for me it was just such an issue throwing belts. The self adjusting idler is the ticket I think. Also if I was doing it again I would send my race pulley off to griptech. It really makes a difference.

Yeah I imagine I'll uncover any belt issues as I move up in blower RPMs and boost, but now I have the option of changing lowers which means I can run quite a bit larger blower pulleys and hopefully ward off any belt stuff. fingers crossed!

Yeah I imagine I'll uncover any belt issues as I move up in blower RPMs and boost, but now I have the option of changing lowers which means I can run quite a bit larger blower pulleys and hopefully ward off any belt stuff. fingers crossed!
And if that doesn't work there is always the turbo route lol.

Just got the LFP pulley in and was ready to start removing the Renegade setup and test fitting this new setup and friends dropped over unannounced... Fuuuuuuuuu Oh well Monday it is :)

There's no washers on the bolts below because I was worried they'd hit the hub as the pulley seated down, but it looks like the #6 lb pulley stops about about an 1/8 above. It feels flush on the hub on the bottom side of the pulley, but I will double check on Monday.

20220702_225017511_iOS.jpg

20220702_225023875_iOS.jpg

Back