Heading in right direction?

The beauty of the QH is it’s ability to datalog live and make tune changes on the fly with a 6 pos chip. The tunes are stored to a usb powered dongle so you can use any laptop that has a USB port. True the QH battery will eventually die but it isn’t meant to stay in the vehicle. The QH is used to datalog ,make tune changes, then save the tune. If you buy an ostrich, you can then burn that QH tune to a J3 chip that should last as long as the vehicle does.

Really no reason not too. I wouldn't waste your time or moneyon the tweecer or qh. I had the qh and now have a fast xfi. If i knew then what i know now, i would have never gotten the qh. And if the pimpx shift was out then i would have gotten that instead of the fast. There is so much you can do with the pimpx shift.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yeah I guess mostly cause of the cost, and i completely believe the pimp system is superior in every way, I’ve seen nothing but positive reviews and done a lot of research, but money and time play a factor I guess, I got other projects after my lightning, my Lightning’s gonna be my daily, but I still got a 72 f100 I’m working on, a 73 maverick, and after that I’m restoring a 63 econoline. I want to make time and money to get some other projects done first. But I do want to thank everyone for all there advice and input, and I’m sure stubborn me down the road will go to a pimp system, but for now I’m probably going to get a qh, or tweecer, haven’t decided yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What Jamie is talking about isn't just people taking potshots at the QH. There was a gentleman on this board that had a QH battery die, the truck was modded and really would not run with out the QH (different injectors and other things). Not only that but he had it tuned and lost the tune he paid for.

Bottom line, that's a huge weakness in the design.

I'm the owner of the truck that the QH battery went dead on, without saving tunes to a dongle (relied on a not so honest tuner) the batteries are not something that you can pickup at a Batteries Plus store they are special order and have to be solder in, if the truck is stored in heated facility the battery will last about 4 years.
I had to have my truck delivered to a tuner that knew nothing about QH, I contacted Adam Marrer from Pop's Racing (THE BEST) and got my truck up and running. Cant say enough about Adam, he's a stand up guy. The truck runs flawless. Best time to date 12.40 @ 108 w/Powerdyne. I have the tunes saved on a dongle

I am not talking about whether the battery is soldered in or not. It doesn’t really matter to me how hard it is to change the battery, it matters to me that there is a battery at all. Batteries will go dead, it’s not a matter of if it’s just a matter of when. Whenever that battery goes dead and you install a new battery the tune is gone. The battery is what they use to keep the memory.

When the battery is dead and you change it you now have to reload your tune. Will you have your computer with you, will you have your dongle with you, will you know where they are?

Now if like Charles says you’re just using the quarter horse to get your tune dialed in and then you’re going to have that tune burnt to a chip that doesn’t need a battery that is not an issue.

But if you plan on leaving the quarter horse in there permanently like guys do with the tweecer Then eventually you will have to deal with the issue of the battery going dead and having to reload a tune that you may or not may not be able to find.

Some guys just want to put something in there that they can mess with occasionally to make minor changes instead of having to go back to the tuner time and time again to have their chip re-burnt. If that’s the case I still think the tweecer is the better option. And I’ll say it again, if you don’t like the software for the tweecer you still can run the software for the quarter horse while using the tweecer.

Been a while since I updated this thread but I have slowly but surely been getting things done on the old train wreck, got my copperhead ds loop on, got my madrampr cold air on, but currently I’m having it hydro dipped, new door speakers, pass door panel thanks to Brett, and getting close to heading for paint and body.
b5b6e1898e171214b8a943de715333e9.jpg

Anyone who’s ran the Mac long tubes, or maybe any long tubes, how are you mounting your oil dipsticks?

Back