Longest owner and longest in nloc

glenbartley

Paid NLOC Member
I Support the NLOC
Calling all long term lightening guys from way back. got my truck on 7/3/93 and was original nloc member 34 on sals first nloc message board members. Who has had their truck longer and who was a board member?

Last edited:
You have me WAY beat Glen. 1st truck came along in '03 and that was a Gen 2. In '05 came the 1st of many Gen 1s.

Scott

Congrats Glen, you might very well have the highest seniority. I came in in June of 98 with number #343

Steve has me beat. I came in December of 99 but because of getting deleted by Dwight in 2008 (with over 10,000 posts) I don’t know my old member number.

I got mine in July of '97. I was a member when it was the paper newsletter that was mailed to your house. I remember it had the advertisements for all the company's that supported Lightnings. I got my SC from the one company, Northamerican Motorsports. Downs Fords was another company

Well Im sorta a newbie.
Around 06 I got my G1 and joined up current G2 in 15.
Learned alot along the way on the ol G1 from the tried and true folks here for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Owning one has been on my want list since a friend bought a new one in 95.Over the years, I would stop by here a check out the for sale section. He still has his, all stock 42,000 miles. Talk of him selling his, and us disagreeing about what he wanted for it, and the fact that his is RED :no:, led me to checking Craigslist and finding mine.Having a LOT of fun with mine, glad I picked it up. ;k

I got mine in July of '97. I was a member when it was the paper newsletter that was mailed to your house. I remember it had the advertisements for all the company's that supported Lightnings. I got my SC from the one company, Northamerican Motorsports. Downs Fords was another company

I bought my Vortech kit in the spring of 2000 from Downs Ford.

The first way I found out about other lighting owners was from Sparkman‘s personal webpage.

The first way I found out about other lighting owners was from Sparkman‘s personal webpage.

Me too Jamie, I believe it was Hookatoo.
Then the other personal website was RW Byrum.

I probably got mine around the same time. I remember it coming in 1 big ***** box. I forget how I found out about NLOC. I think I Google Lightnings

I have no idea how i found sals original club? I believe it was all email then and moved to a message board.

I had a poster of a lightning when it was just a concept from ford. Then i went to a dealership with a girl who wanted a mustang. They wasnt a svt dealer but had got my truck on a trade. It had just 300 miles on it. A older guy had bought it and didnt realize it got 12mpg. So he traded it in on a xlt lariat.

New they were about 24k-27k. I got it for 20k out the door.

Had my first lightning in 1997, a 93. It was totaled in 2005 and replaced with my current 1994 lightning.. I was roaming the original board in 98-99 and joined in 2000. I was one of the original lightning owners with a 3/4 drop, there wasn't too many of us during the early years.

I ordered mine, picked up on 9/23/94 but didn't join here until 2010. I know Sal pretty well and he always mentioned his message boards but it took me till 2010, guess better late then never.

Sal was always a awesome supporter of lightnings. Do you still have his contact info. Would love to drop him a line.

When I was a kid I seen a few Lightning's.. the tube bumper was what caught my eye as I was already in love with that body style truck. I got a laptop in 98' and was lurking for info on how I could make my 92' SCSB 5.0/E4od go faster. I Remember the SVO (Powerdyne) kits and Vortech kits. Nitrous was just too scary at the time as really any boost for someone like me at the time who was paying $240mo just in insurance and was starting out in life. Now it's like $36. So I had the best damn spark plugs and wires AutoZone had and some exhaust shop glasspack duals with big *** chrome tips! Those where the days.

Been around a long time. Joined the NLOC before the forum. If I remember right my NLOC number is 387

Joined forum in Jan 2000 when it was created.

Purchased my Gen2 Aug '01, actually test drove a Red Gen1 at the dealer in 94 or 95. Purchased my 94 in Jan 04. But lurked around this group till March 06

Back