Factory Big Brake Kit

vymesyny.jpg

I was given a link to this thread after asking, in another forum, about needing more stopping power. After reading through many of the 18 pages here, I thought it'd be best to ask...

I have a 92 F150, short bed, STD cab 4x4.

From what I am seeing with this brake conversion is that spindles from the E series van are needed. That's not going to work with my front axles. Are there any other options flexible me to upgrade my brakes? I would really like to have more stopping power with the power I have now

Why?

Good friend of mine has a truck very similar to yours and he tried a lot of different things to get the brakes to work better and the best result he got was with the hydroboost.

Why?

Good friend of mine has a truck very similar to yours and he tried a lot of different things to get the brakes to work better and the best result he got was with the hydroboost.

I have a vortech blower and I would have problems with the accessory bracket I have for the blower. And if I were to mess something up if I had to cut the bracket, vortech doesn't make them anymore for me to get a replacement.

I thought about replacing the back drums with discs but there's not enough gain there from what I read.

I have a vortech blower and I would have problems with the accessory bracket I have for the blower. And if I were to mess something up if I had to cut the bracket, vortech doesn't make them anymore for me to get a replacement.

I thought about replacing the back drums with discs but there's not enough gain there from what I read.
No, there isnt, i did it on my 97 ranger and didnt notice it stopping any better.

Not really about stopping power on the rear, its about consistency

after continuous hard braking, and looks. Theres really no reason to even change the front setup from stock if you dont intend to do repetitive high speed braking... Or towing heavy loads

Coop, big tires on 4wd are hard to stop. Bigger brakes or more line pressure will help a ton in his application.

Coop, big tires on 4wd are hard to stop. Bigger brakes or more line pressure will help a ton in his application.

True, alot of rotating mass is a factor, i missed the part where he had a 4x4. I wasnt down playing the improved brakes, i was just making a point that adding parts that wont get utilized is pointless. Carry on.

Ok everyone, ive started getting this swap on my truck after having the spindles under my bench for like 2 years. i pressed in the ball joints today, next week i will get new rotors, seals, and bearings and have them put on. my question is what master cylinder and booster are you guys running? i know there was mention of using a 1 5/16 master off of a 99 Expedition, but i only found an 1 1/4 listed.

any information would be very helpful.

ok guys, i got the truck put back together, i bled the entire system thuroughly (2 quarts fo fluid overall) and the pedal still feels long and mushy. any info on an upgraded master and or booster would be greatly apprriciated. part numbers of source vheicles.

ok guys, i got the truck put back together, i bled the entire system thuroughly (2 quarts fo fluid overall) and the pedal still feels long and mushy. any info on an upgraded master and or booster would be greatly apprriciated. part numbers of source vheicles.
I just looked up a few different vehicles and it seems that the 1 5/16 is designed for hydroboost. The factory mc, I believe is 1 1/8 so if you went with the expedition it would be 1 1/4 and would be able to retain a brake booster.

Back