Indy Lightnings IRP

So it wasn't the connector...interesting.. I bet they're tight in there though!

We're about to fire by "other" project tonight! Got the wiring sorta figured out on the T-bird..what a mess!! They run all the wires in a plastic case around the top of the motor, which doesn't work with the manifold, and once you take that "case" off, it's all bare wires basically, and we need to extend a few things and conduit it all up...

The 393 rotating assembly made it to the machine shop yesterday to get balanced, and we're picking up the heads and block this weekend, then it's a balls to the wall thrash to get it in the car along with the TKO.. It's going to be a busy 2 weeks up here in Lafayette!

Last edited:
I slotted the brackets that hold the rails to the motor, snugged everything up "finger" tight, and then wacked the rails with a rubber mallet to drive everything together. ;) It's definitely tight. :D

Whoa!! I can just picture you up in the engine bay with a 16# "rubber" mallet making them fit :D

So guys, we still conveneing at Jeff's place tommorow?

well i hadnt planned on it but i guess i could. i may be going to springfield illinois to buy a new beater car sometime soon.

ahh ok... Crossed lines of communication...lol..

I won't be able to make it that early.. I'll give you guys a call or something, but I'll be back out in Zionsville finishing up framing that barn..

HA! I was "venting" too soon. The coolant leak stopped. Still have to pull the front cover back off to fix the oil leak, though.

More RTV!!!

yeah we had a intake manifold gasket leak.. Which was really odd because it's a rubber felpro gasket.. I put some hylomar around the coolant passage and it still leaked.. Fired the motor up 10 minutes later, and the little engine gnomes must have climbed up there and fixed it, cuz it hasn't leaked since.

Anyone going tonight? I may take the BB truck if I get out of work early enough - BUT, I'll just be making part throttle tuning passes, not going hog wild.

FMOS Racing said:
Anyone going tonight? I may take the BB truck if I get out of work early enough - BUT, I'll just be making part throttle tuning passes, not going hog wild.

How did you do?:3g:

Well, unless he cammoed the truck Jeff wasn't there.

There were alot of Gen 2s there however, 5 including mine, so I did a little recruiting for the club so hopefully we will see some new members. The track was in awesome condition espically early on so everyone was flying. Even me I got my first 12, a 12.94@106, and all the other Ls were running some sort of 13.

I think I might have found why the truck loses ET later in the night, it threw a couple of lean codes as the air cooled off. Now I gotta check all my pretty lines and see how to change it.

Agent 00 L said:

There were alot of Gen 2s there however, 5 including mine, so I did a little recruiting for the club so hopefully we will see some new members. The track was in awesome condition espically early on so everyone was flying. Even me I got my first 12, a 12.94@106, and all the other Ls were running some sort of 13.

Nice time. :)

Did you get the names of the other 4 Gen 2s?:tu:

I made a few passes last night. My best was a 13.8 @ 101. I had some good advice from somebody w/ a black '00. I'm thinking it was Agent 00, since he mentioned running his first 12.

btw.......this is my first post here. My name is T.J. I've got a red '02 w/ a predator. I'm waiting on a 4# pulley and a tune. :wave:

I was there and talked with Agent. I also turned my best last night of 13.35 @102. Got a miss at idle though. Cant feel it after you hit the gas though. I think I left a coil pack loose or crossed the threads on one. I just changed out the stock plugs for tr6's gapped at 36. Thats not too small is it?

Back