Indy Lightnings IRP

Agent 00 L

Merchant Mariner
Hey Guys

Once again bogarting the Anything Goes forum as our club section.

Anybody down for some IRP action this week?
There are brackets on Tuesday gates open @ 4:30 racing at 5:30
There is Test and Tune on Thursday, I'm guessing about the same time.

Weather
Tuesday looks ok, Thursday there might be some rain.

I'm down for either or both days, although I'm not sure I'm ready for the brackets yet. Anyway let me know if anyone else is headed out there.

See ya there
Dan

In one of the other threads we talked about going to IRP on the 5th if Jeff had his truck done. I thought Tuesday's were test & tune, but you are right. I don't think I would do the bracket racing but would go to see the BB truck run if he takes it on the 5th.

Do you know what the price is to bracket race, and what the payout if any is?

I'm interested in either day. Let me know times and amounts to run/watch.

I have yet to figure out how to install my oil seperator on the L but hope to get the small unit installed on the cobra very soon and then get the larger oil seperator put on soon after that. I would like to keep it clean and not end up with oil on everything like my truck has.

Maybe you guys could help me get this thing hooked up on my truck, I would feel better having it on asap.

The difference in bracket day vs. test and tune is track prep and therefore traction (or lack thereof on Tuesdays)

Just finished cleaning the intercooler, painting the C&L upper intake, checking spark plugs, etc. Took me quite a while but it wasn't too bad. Need to clean the air filter tomorrow.

If I go on Tuesday it will be in the ML as the truck doesn't have any rear shocks at the moment. Good chance to practice AWD launches. LOL

Bob

Speedin Bob said:
The difference in bracket day vs. test and tune is track prep and therefore traction (or lack thereof on Tuesdays)
Bob

They don't prep for racing?:pat:

How bad was your IC?
What do you want for the parts?:) I may need them to beat an S-10, if he can get the power to the ground.

Last edited:
According to http://www.irponline.com/ Tuesday is the bracket night. Its 20 bucks to run, 15 if you have the coupon out of the trader magazine. Its 7 bucks to watch if your that kind of guy. Not sure what the pay out would be if any. Either way I will be there on Tuesday afternoon, at least I will get a couple of hits in.

I was sick when I asked about the price and payout. I didn't want to get out of bed.

I feel better now, here they are. I have no idea which one I would need to be in.
http://www.irponline.com/HOME/News/etfeespayouttimes.asp

Traderindiana.com Tuesday Night Street Legals
Street Tire cars & Bikes Only
No ET Racers
Gates Open 4:30pm
Runs 5:30pm - 10:30pm
$15.00 Tech card
$ 7.00 Spectator

Trophy
$15 Entry Fee
Trophies will be awarded to Winner & Runner-up

Pro Bike
$30.00 Entry Fee
Points Entry $30
Winner $250
Runner-up $125
Semi’s $50

Sportsman
$35.00 Entry Fee
Points Entry - $30
Winner $400
Runner-up $200
Semi’s $85.00
Quarters $35.00

Pro
$50.00 Entry Fee
Points Entry $30
Winner $1000
Runner-up $500
Semi’s $200
Quarters $100
Eighths $50

Super Pro
$60.00 Entry Fee
Points Entry $30
Winner $1200
Runner-up $600
Semi’s $250
Quarters $125
Eighths $75

Quarter-Mile Race
Open class, S/Pro, Pro, Sportsman
$40.00 Entry Fee
Winner $600
Runner-up $300
Semi’s $100
Non-Points Race, No Buybacks

olefafl said:
They don't prep for racing?:pat:

How bad was your IC?
What do you want for the parts?:) I may need them to beat an S-10, if he can get the power to the ground.

They didn't prep on Street Night worth a crap. That was part of the reason I stopped going altogether. Bracket days they prepped. Looks like their running on Thursday night for Bracket T&T also. hmm

Truck has no rear shocks at the moment. The QA1's are out being rebuilt and should be back a week from this Wednesday.

IC was NASTY. Not a difficult job yet not that fun either.

Parts - $40 installed ok? Truck has to be cool.

Bob

Bob,

Wanna do mine too? ;)

Keep me posted on the track, 260-402-4049 is my cell. I will try to plan and go if I can get out of work on time.

How about a head count for IRP on the 5th.

Jeff did you get done?

Bob did you use all new stuff or reuse some old stuff?

Last edited:
Bob, add my intercooler to the list too. Actually we should do another fix up / BBQ session and hopefully we won't break anything in the process. I know my IC has to be nasty 43K and never cleaned, of course it probably the only thing keeping my A/F safe.

I was out last week. I may go again tonight. Tuesday is street legals. Saturday is brackets. No pay on tuesdays just the fun of the run. I may go but i wont be there till after 6 i gotta work.

I have no clue how I missed this thread!!

Was good to see and meet tonight.

Ok, I'm trying to figure out what to do next week. I talked to the tech folks and they recommended running on Thursday night. BUT, I don't really want to run race cars because I can't hear when staged against something with open headers. And I think I'm the only person with tires that pass TnT muster. I'd really like to run with everyone else...

So, I dunno what I'll do. If I don't run the BB Tuesday, I'll run the SB.

My goal is to have the truck running again by Saturday evening.

I talked with the guy doing the lines and if you want you can line up on the other side (where the small group was) and he will pull you from there so you can run eachother....a thought I had would be if someone off here goes on Thursday then maybe you can get over there and run them...deff would be more quet then an open header car.

FMOS Racing said:
I have no clue how I missed this thread!!

Was good to see and meet tonight.

Ok, I'm trying to figure out what to do next week. I talked to the tech folks and they recommended running on Thursday night. BUT, I don't really want to run race cars because I can't hear when staged against something with open headers. And I think I'm the only person with tires that pass TnT muster. I'd really like to run with everyone else...

So, I dunno what I'll do. If I don't run the BB Tuesday, I'll run the SB.

My goal is to have the truck running again by Saturday evening.

Morpheus said:
I talked with the guy doing the lines

Last time I was there, NOBODY was doing lines.:mad: People were cutting into line, making there own line, it was a big mess.

yea when i was there last it was a giant cluster F@#% at IRP. ill show up one way or another.

Has anyone ever done the E.T. bracket racing on sundays? I was just wondering what class i would be in. I was thinking of the sportsman class and try to get some money. Any ideas?

Curt, if you guys come down, please bring my wideband with you. I'm going to start adjusting the SB truck soon and need that to do it.

Back