Hillsborough/Pinellas GTGs In OCT and NOV 2011

bumperquip

Guys,

A few of us Tampa/Brandon Gen1 guys have been talking recently and we've agreed to try and get together for a couple of events. Not necessarily to show our vehicles but I suppose we certainly could... but more just to get together and meet everyone in person.

Anyway, we have agreed to try and make two events coming up:

1. The monthly Strawberry Classic Car Show in downtown Plant City. This one will be NOV 19, 2011. 4:00PM - 8:00 PM. Welcome to Plant City

2. The OCT 15, 2011 Quaker Steak and Lube open show in Pinellas Park. FlaCarShows.com West Coast of Florida Event Listings

I'd like to invite any and every of us FL guys to join us... Gen1s and Gen2s are welcome. However, I'd personally love to see a good showing of Gen1s. If everyone I've talked to attends we've got at least 5 perhaps 6 Gen1s coming just from the Tampa/Brandon area.

If any of you guys can commit, I'd love to have a head count... PM me.

Last edited:
Ron, I will be at the October 15th event and besides Pickup Man there will be another Black Gen 1 coming.

If that all happens that's 9 Gen1s all in one place at the same time.

With that kind of presence I'd bet folks would disengage from the show to wander through our parking spots.

Hey bumper, I think Fred knows the promoter for the show. If you two could get together and make sure we have spots reserved for all the gen 1's . I would hate to have them separated. Ive never seen more then 5 in 1 place at a time. Might be making history on this one.

I used this show as an excuse to get some body work and paint done to mine. I just got it back weds. Me and fred are hanging the new door Friday night. That leaves me Sat morning to finish up other things. Cant wait to see a slew of Gen1's together .

I got my truck done today and it is ready for tomorrow afternoon. Too bad we can't get 10 trucks to show because we would qualify for the $100 a Club gets for entering. Maybe next time. Going over to Pickup Man's house tonight at 7:30 to help hang a driver's side door on the Gen 1. I am planning to get to the show early, at around 2 PM, and will try to get us around 9 spots together at the far end of the show. I think it is $15 to enter the show but it is always for a good cause. See everyone tomorrow.

Plant City GTG

Four of us made the Plant City Strawberry Classic today...

We looked so fast they put us with the AC Cobras and GTOs
IMG-20111015-00152.jpg

Trying to figure out how to get the hot rod to move so we can get four abreast
IMG-20111015-00151.jpg

And the winners are: Whiskefl, bumperquip, ncgraphics, motorhead1024
IMG-20111015-00155.jpg

If that all happens that's 9 Gen1s all in one place at the same time.

With that kind of presence I'd bet folks would disengage from the show to wander through our parking spots.

Well Ron, bad taste on your part! We had four trucks show at Quaker Steak and apparently the four of you just blew us off with out even a phone call. You do have my cell phone number that I sent to you. I am sure that you don't care but just for your info, we had three trophies for three trucks entered and I would like to thank Ford Guy for joining us. This was your deal, not mine or Erics. Have a good life Dude!

DSC026821.JPG

DSC026811.JPG

DSC026851.JPG

Ok, so I completely lost.

Bump posted the dates for the two shows at the begining of this thread, and then said in another post the dates we're backwards.....

So, I thought the Quaker Steak and Lube was going to be on Nov. 19th. and that date ain't arived yet.....:help:

Did I miss reading something?

I didn't blow you off Flats, guess I just FUBARED the dates, my bad.

Last edited:
Yep...

All my bad.

I take full responsibility for the "F" up, the lack of communication and my neglect in checking this particular sub-forum to keep myself, of all people, up to date on the level of participation the QS event was receiving.

With my own initial confusion related to the dates, talking with com padres about the 3 other shows happening this same day and my relative obsession and immersion in my own life's stuff I completely misplaced the importance of this happening.

I too had it in my head that NOV was the date of the QS gathering but then if I'd checked back here I'd have know different and I'd have seen that it was me who noted and corrected the dates initially posted.

My sincere apologies to all who I have disappointed. Even though it may not appear so, it was not intentional, it was just me being stupid.

And I was completely clueless about the Quaker Steak and Lube gig -- didn't even see this thread until after the GTG. Sorry 'mates - I'll be paying attention next time!

Fair enough Ron, good to see that people will still tell it like it is these days. It was a good chance to get 8 Gen 1's together but maybe that will happen at Old Town this coming year. I haven't heard the term "FUBAR" in many years and I must confess that I got a chuckle out of that. Just for the books, I accept your apology and we can try to make a good showing at Old Town. I will be back in Texas on the 19th of November and will not be able to make that event.

In all the GTG excitement I almost forgot...when I cleaned the underside of my hood for the truck's first night out, I found two signatures/initials that I hadn't seen before - assume they're from the assembly line guys (?) -- I've heard about it, but never had a signed veeehicle before...

LQfan0H.jpg

a6INj0b.jpg

Last edited:
Back